Guide defaults every morning

JWCyborg

Original poster
Oct 27, 2019
Atlanta GA
Brand new Hopper 3.
Every morning (Or when you shut off the receiver for hours) the Guide display shows channels 2-69 (and 99). But you cant select anything else in the programmed guide list<<<UNTIL> I go to the guide program, select "Display all", then re-select my named programmed list. Then it works fine until turning off the receiver again.

This description might not be clean as the script monkeys at Dish support do not understand my problem.

The above work around is quick and it does work but I'd sure like to not have to do that every morning.

PS I've had this Hopper3 for about a week, I had another Hopper3 that broke, and it had the same quirk for the 7 days I had it.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Brand new Hopper 3.
Every morning (Or when you shut off the receiver for hours) the Guide display shows channels 2-69 (and 99). But you cant select anything else in the programmed guide list<<<UNTIL> I go to the guide program, select "Display all", then re-select my named programmed list. Then it works fine until turning off the receiver again.

This description might not be clean as the script monkeys at Dish support do not understand my problem.

The above work around is quick and it does work but I'd sure like to not have to do that every morning.

PS I've had this Hopper3 for about a week, I had another Hopper3 that broke, and it had the same quirk for the 7 days I had it.

I have the same problem…

There was another thread here on the subject. I got locked out of it because they don’t like my methods of expression and interpret it as harassment + they’re always right!!!

It’s an ongoing problem that should be addressed and fixed. You’ll probably get a reply telling you to just do the work around because they also have other problems and they just do a work around meanwhile Dish expects you to send your payments on time!

GOOD LUCK!

Brand new Hopper 3.

Boy that's a good way to start out on Satellite guys.:welcome.

It just means technical support people who don't know what they are doing, they just follow a script.

Sorry to those I offended. I was tech support at GE.

Heh, Whodathunk?

Script monkeys...

Yeah, that will get them motivated for sure.
A perfectly legitimate name for what they do. I used to set up so called "Help Desks". You give them a terminal with a script on the screen, they read the script and ask you the question on the screen, then type in your reply and the computer picks the next response in the script based on your reply. The only technical expertise they have is being able to read and to type. "Script monkey" is cetainly more appropriate than "Tech support". ;)

A perfectly legitimate name for what they do. I used to set up so called "Help Desks". You give them a terminal with a script on the screen, they read the script and ask you the question on the screen, then type in your reply and the computer picks the next response in the script based on your reply. The only technical expertise they have is being able to read and to type. "Script monkey" is cetainly more appropriate than "Tech support". ;)
So why not use real monkeys ?

Wouldn't that be cheaper ?

Mine also does it once in awhile. Seems to have issues processing dropped channels. It’ll do what you described, until I nuke the favorite list and start over.

I have the same problem…

There was another thread here on the subject. I got locked out of it because they don’t like my methods of expression and interpret it as harassment + they’re always right!!!

It’s an ongoing problem that should be addressed and fixed. You’ll probably get a reply telling you to just do the work around because they also have other problems and they just do a work around meanwhile Dish expects you to send your payments on time!

GOOD LUCK!
32b7120eb5b52fb08b797b9fc6d31e69.jpg

I always use the fav's list. And have two of them. I have to switch to the default and then back to the favs to get the guide to start working again.

Reactions: LQQK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)