guide idiocy alert: Caprica on SyFy

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
SyFy is running the unaired final 5 episodes of Caprica, which they abruptly cancelled last year, this Tuesday starting at 6PM EST. The guide doesn't have them listed as new though -- they have them listed with original air dates from last year as if the series had continued uninterrupted. The only thing I can think of to explain this is that they apparently ran on schedule in Canada, but it's not as if that channel is available on Dish, so they should've been marked as new with original air dates of this Tuesday!

Isn't the EPG data coming from Tribune although there is a TV Guide logo on the EPG? Anyway, I can understand your frustration when the guide has incorrect start times or/and programming. However, I believe that TV stations have the right to make last-minute programming changes as well.

It is the CRAPPY EPG info that is coming from Tribune/Zap2It. And has been for years. I have been tracking this for years and it always comes up Tribune at fault. DISH just won't step up and get a reliable provider. This is not a case of a network making changes. It rarely is. It's about Tribune getting it right in the first place. Which they are not, and have not.

The TVGuide logo on the page has nothing to do with the content, but with © of the visual format. Otherwise the info would be billion fold more accurate. Even it were from TitanTV we'd be so much better off. Too bad the TitanTV scheduling features can't be used on DISH receivers. It would be far more reliable.

If you want your dvr to record them automatically, change the option from new episodes to all episodes. Since this will probably be the last time anyone see's this show, it shouldn't stuff up the dvr.

I had hope for the show when it first aired, but that died real quick. My biggest issue with the show was how it just dragged on and on and on with the story. Besides it started conflicting with the original mythology of Battlestar Galactica and the original cylons. Except for the story of the one true religion and god.

Actually the TV Guide provided info that Rovi uses on my old Sony DHG HD DVR is and has been very accurate for years. I was hoping when Dish had to put the TV Guide logo on the guide display they might be switching their sources, but alas that didn't happen.

It is the CRAPPY EPG info that is coming from Tribune/Zap2It. And has been for years. I have been tracking this for years and it always comes up Tribune at fault. DISH just won't step up and get a reliable provider. This is not a case of a network making changes. It rarely is. It's about Tribune getting it right in the first place. Which they are not, and have not...

sounds like you were wrong on this one, considering everyone's was wrong...unless they are supplying every provider...

You are probably right, they did run as scheduled in Canada. Just more crappy guide info from Tribune

Same thing has happened with the new "Holmes Inspection" on HGTV. It's new here in the states, but has run already in Canada. The guide is showing the original Canadian air dates so if you flag it to record new episodes they are flagged as old. I had to record all episodes.

I had my timer for Caprica on my 722 set to "New" episodes - and since they had never been recorded before, my DVR recorded all of them without a hitch last night, despite the date descrepancy. I hadn't even known they were on until I saw the recordings on my list.

Looking at the guide data it looks like it was fixed yesterday to be new episodes with a first showing date of 1/4/2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)