Guide info

That's been going on for a very long time and I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it. It's been talked about in a thread before.

It is a limitation on the guide data as delivered by DISH. They probably need to get all of the old equipment with limited RAM out of the system before they can bump up the guide detail.

Take all of the channels that are available today and multiply that by the length of each description. Even the receivers are juggling two days of guide data.

It's when you hit info for a show or movie. Doesn't have to be from the guide, can be while watching a program. When the discription is long, you may not be able to read all of it before it gets cut off.

Yes it is as far as I know. Didn't do it like that until a few software upgrades ago (when they added "You might also like:" and took up a lot of screen space where the program description could go).

Reactions: 3HaloODST
Yes it is as far as I know. Didn't do it like that until a few software upgrades ago (when they added "You might also like:" and took up a lot of screen space where the program description could go).

I liked it better the old way with the complete description.

Reactions: 3HaloODST
I have seen a few truncated descriptions on my ViP722k, and even my Hoppers before the info screen was revamped, but nowhere near the amount that I see on my Hoppers now post-update.

Yes, this really chaps my hide! This happens most often with movies that have extended description. It really makes Dish and the system look really BAD! Yes, I remember being able to see the entire description, but not for the last year or more. PLEASE Dish, fix this.

More important to put a sales pitch (You might also like...) on that screen than program information, irritating...

I find that in most cases the info goes off just before the change to a new hour or half hour. Quick fix for me is to scroll right or left to next item in guide, then scroll back to the one that went blank.
Dan

I think we are talking about when we push the INFO button and the long form info is displayed, most often for movies, with really good more at length info to make a decision to the see the movie, but almost all of them get truncated with an " . . . " VERY frustrating. Yeah, I don't mind the suggestions, but NOT at the expense of the at length info, and everyone I've talked to really like the extended at length info and consider it a great enhancement.

Reactions: lazydogmot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)