Guide lag 722k

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I have been having laggy remote responce for a few months now on my 722k(very odd for E* receivers), after getting the new 668 software it is taking 4.5 seconds for the guide to come up after hitting the button. I tested & timed it numerous times. That is rediculous, nearly 5 seconds seems like forever as you are staring at it. Anyone else having this prob? I know it isn't just mine, I have seen it in the field also.

Thanks,
Brad

Did you unplug the receiver for 15 seconds and then plug it back in. This often fixes those kind of things.

Doubt it fixes this one, many othes have complained about this one. Just got the new 668 update, maybe it'll help. My lag usually occurs in the nighttime hours.

Doubt it fixes this one, many othes have complained about this one. Just got the new 668 update, maybe it'll help. My lag usually occurs in the nighttime hours.

Yragha,

This same issue has plagued my receiver (722k) on and off for about a month. Seems it has been worse lately with the new firmware. A soft reboot has cured the issue although it may creep back into my receiver in another day or so, after the reboot.

John

Yes, my 722k has this same issue, although intermittently.

I can't pin down what causes it, but it seems to be happening more and more frequently. Sometimes, it's just as snappy as I've come to expect, but other times, it takes 5+ seconds for the guide to come up, and then there is a SERIOUS lag when scrolling through the guide, like 1-2 seconds each time it has to scroll, which makes for an INCREDIBLY slow and frustrating experience while in the guide and/or the DVR menu.

A reboot does nothing to help. It does fix it immediately, but sure enough, within a day or so, it will be back to the same intermittent lag.

Seems to be an intermittent thing that usually resets with normal nightly reboots. It's annoying, but when I sit down to watch television, I don't want to have to wait 5 minutes for the receiver to reboot before I start. I usually watch DVR, so the short lag to get to the program (which, BTW, doesn't affect the skip ahead and back functions) is much less time than waiting for the reboot to clear it. The next day, it is gone after the normal reboot.

I've noticed it happens usually while my 722k is recording something. I don't want to reboot and mess up the recording. It seems to go away after the recording ends so I don't think about rebooting then.

This has been an issue off and on for me since L662. I dunno what the deal is, or why they haven't fixed since there have been several FW updates since then.

I just got L668, on L662, pressing MENU - MENU - CANCEL - CANCEL would fix guide lag. On L667, it wouldn't. I'll have to see if it works again on L668 next time I get the lag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)