Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Trying to help out my stepdad here (so hopefully someone can verify for me since I don't have Directv anymore)

He said FSN North (668) which is his local RSN has no guide info past 6:30PM on Tuesday (10/28). All other 24/7 channels have guide info to 11/3 and some have it up to the next Wednesday (11/5). He said the FSN alt has a college football game in the schedule for next Saturday already (I guess 668-1 or 668-2)??

Can someone check their guide (he has a HR34 if it matters) for 668 and see if your guide goes past Tuesday? If so I assume a double RBR should fix that for him?

Thanks!

It should just fix itself. Maybe his HR34 got a download.

I had him check that and it said 10/21...but doesn't it seem odd that its only one channel?

I just checked my guide and I see the same thing. The SD 668 has guide data past that point, but the HD 668 has "To Be Announced" past 7:30 PM ET (6:30 PM local time). I have a HR 21. I think this will be fixed without a reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony
talked to my stepdad tonight and he said the guide is now working and showing past tomorrow

As I said...the guide will eventually fix itself..

As I said...the guide will eventually fix itself..
but you thought he got a download which wasn't the case as other folks confirmed the same thing

He was more worried about not having the guide for FSN. That is his most watched channel

You said he had a download on 10/21. Having guide data on some channels for only a week isn't unusual...

You said he had a download on 10/21. Having guide data on some channels for only a week isn't unusual...

Except that channel didn't populate for anyone. Iceberg, does your step-dad like the (not so) new subchannel system with a permanent FS North overflow? I do... Makes hockey easier to find.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Mr Tony
Except that channel didn't populate for anyone.
exactly. Thats the point I'm trying to make. It wasn't just his as other folks posted the same thing. All other 24/7 channels posted guide info for almost 2 weeks but that one didnt update until the day before it lost the guide???

Iceberg, does your step-dad like the (not so) new subchannel system with a permanent FS North overflow? I do... Makes hockey easier to find.
I'm sure he likes it so he doesn't have to search through multiple Alts. That was the one gripe when I had Directv and FSN North + started. Directv used 3 or 4 different alt channels for it. I've seen it when I visited them and it sounds nice to see FS North, FS Wisco, FS North + and FS Wisco + right in order. Easy to set up recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts