Guide search question

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
Is there a way to search for a word like 'Halloween' in order to get results that have 'Halloween' in the show description and not just the title?

I swear I was able to do it last year and get a list of Halloween episodes of old shows but this year I only seem to get shows with the word in the title.

Tried "seek and record" for a few days and it was kind of a mess. Since I was looking for old episodes of Halloween shows, I set it for "new and reruns" to find "Halloween" in the info.

But that meant that it set a timer for every single "Dish Halloween" commercial. Hundreds and hundreds of them that I have to manually skip over and over.

Did the regular search feature used to search the guide info?

It could be better if you could exclude/include certain channels, or put in exclusion match criteria as well.

A "benefit" of seek-and-record is that it searches everything and everywhere. Downside is that seek-and-record searches everything and everywhere.

Problem with including or excluding channels is you could almost defeat the purpose of this tool.

Reactions: ChadT41
Is there a way to search for a word like 'Halloween' in order to get results that have 'Halloween' in the show description and not just the title?

I swear I was able to do it last year and get a list of Halloween episodes of old shows but this year I only seem to get shows with the word in the title.
I don't think the search function on the Hopper has changed. Did you come from a 622/722? On those, I thought you had options with the search tool, allowing you to search titles, descriptions, both, etc.

On the VIP series the search results were sorted by time on. On the Hopper the results are sorted A-Z . I use to use search to find a movie to watch right now. With the Hopper search it is less convenient than the VIP . The A-Z results are not suited to my purpose. I have to look at the info of each result to find the time a movie will be on. A tedious exercise at best. Please Dish add search by time or A-Z as one of the filter options.

Problem with including or excluding channels is you could almost defeat the purpose of this tool.
Right. Let's keep options to a minimum and dumb it down for everyone. That's the current operating system trend nowadays.

I use Dish Pass almost exclusively, and my expert opinion is that it could use more flexibility.

I don't think the search function on the Hopper has changed. Did you come from a 622/722? On those, I thought you had options with the search tool, allowing you to search titles, descriptions, both, etc.

I had a hopper last year too. i may be mis-remembering how I got there, but I did something that allowed me to scroll through shows that had "Halloween" in the info and record the ones I wanted and I ended up recording Halloween episodes of a lot of old sitcoms. It was a nice seasonal stash!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts