Guitar Hero Live announced, looks to reinvent the franchise

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Last edited:
Wife and I really enjoyed playing GH. I still have every game for the 360, along with a couple of guitars. Fell by the wayside when we upgraded to Xbox One. We'll be giving this a look, come this fall. Would be nice if they could somehow find a way to import songs we already own into this one.

Would be nice if they could somehow find a way to import songs we already own into this one.
I don't see that happening. Licensing issues aside, there's also a lot of work involved in rewriting all the highways (song notes) as well as making a whole new background for each song. It's easier to just make all new ones. Also, the developer has all but said they're not going to do that. It would be cool to bring them over, but I'm just hoping we get a bunch of good new songs. I'm sure they'll be some carry overs, at least I hope so. It's funny seeing all these reviewers basically say "We hope this mainly has songs from the 60s-90s and doesn't try to appeal to the kiddies with songs from the 2000s-2010s." I definitely share in their sentiment, but it wouldn't be good business to not appeal to as broad of an audience as possible.

Wishful thinking on my part. I'll just keep a 360 around , if we ever have the urge to play GH.

One of the main reasons I haven't sold my 360 is due to all the Rock Band/Guitar Hero content I've collected over the years. I've easily sunk more money into that than I did my actual 360, and I got an Elite when it was first released. I rarely use them, but when I'm in the mood it's the best thing ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)