Gustav Evacuation Preps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenaGoble

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Just heard this about an hour ago.

The mayor of Lexington, KY has made arrangements for 700 evacuees of Gustav.

When Katrina hit 3 years ago, some of the area churches helped with the temporary care of the evacuees and will no doubt be helping out again.

Also from what I've heard so far, the hotels and motels are booked all the way up north into KY-TN border, mostly of people getting away from Gustav.

Good. No more Katrinas, no more incompetent FEMA. People will need help and they can't count on the Feds.

I've been checking out the area news this morning and I have a new update.

According to the Kentucky Division of Emergency Management, here's the new numbers.

-3,000 Louisville (Flown In)

-750 Lexington

-250 Owensboro

-250 Bowling Green

More than likely I say, those that are going to be flown in to Louisville are medical cases, but I'm guessing there, can't find out yet if W. Va, TN, NC or VA what plans if any they might have there.

Mississippi is aparently evacuating the coast and NOLA is under a voluntary evac now but aparently they are telling everyone that once it goes mandatory that they have no choice. Water temps are in the high 80's to a 90 temp just off Miss coast. Gustev is now a cat 3 will go to a cat4 then back to a 3 and is projected to hit just west of NOLA with one projected hit east of NOLA. Hanna is still a tropic storm but is taking a more westerly route now as opposed to the north westerly route it was taking so its looking like it will plow either into the southern part of the gulf and go across the yucatan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)