H2 + HWS -> 1 H3?

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Hi,
My general question is that I've put in for the H3 upgrade.

I currently have:
1 Hopper w/sling adapter - 1 HWS - 2 Joeys
Replacing them would put me at 3 Joey2's and the new H3.

The question is that I have separate recording schedules on the 2 hoppers for conflict resolution as there are times where PTAT just doesn't cover everything and I need to record USA, TNT, ShowTime, HBO, etc at the same time.

With the 2 40.0 remotes that I have, I know that there is a way to do a restore from the old original remote to the new HWS. But can I then pair the original Hopper(1) remote to the H3 and restore it's programming schedule thereby merging the two schedule together?

Considering seasons and that some shows are only on for 2-3 months until a year later, it's not a matter of just looking them up in the program guide and resetting the timer.

So basic question, 2 hoppers going to 1 hopper. Can I merge the two schedules into the one new H3?
I've searched but couldn't find anything relating to this.

Thanks......

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Correct. Either pictures of your timer list, written down or photographic memory I'm afraid!
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-2016-ces-press-event.356262/page-6#post-3797143

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Looks like the thing to do is take pictures and start adding them to my current HWS so I can get the current playing ones on there. I can always set them to skip if there is a programming conflict. Then, just keep my screen pictures for when the new seasons start on the rest.

Reactions: Tron2012

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts