H2 + HWS -> 1 H3?

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Hi,
My general question is that I've put in for the H3 upgrade.

I currently have:
1 Hopper w/sling adapter - 1 HWS - 2 Joeys
Replacing them would put me at 3 Joey2's and the new H3.

The question is that I have separate recording schedules on the 2 hoppers for conflict resolution as there are times where PTAT just doesn't cover everything and I need to record USA, TNT, ShowTime, HBO, etc at the same time.

With the 2 40.0 remotes that I have, I know that there is a way to do a restore from the old original remote to the new HWS. But can I then pair the original Hopper(1) remote to the H3 and restore it's programming schedule thereby merging the two schedule together?

Considering seasons and that some shows are only on for 2-3 months until a year later, it's not a matter of just looking them up in the program guide and resetting the timer.

So basic question, 2 hoppers going to 1 hopper. Can I merge the two schedules into the one new H3?
I've searched but couldn't find anything relating to this.

Thanks......

Correct. Either pictures of your timer list, written down or photographic memory I'm afraid!
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-2016-ces-press-event.356262/page-6#post-3797143

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Looks like the thing to do is take pictures and start adding them to my current HWS so I can get the current playing ones on there. I can always set them to skip if there is a programming conflict. Then, just keep my screen pictures for when the new seasons start on the rest.

Reactions: Tron2012

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)