Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; November 2, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; November 3, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Current Probability: 75%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While you are waiting for the Window to open:
MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE Rules, Faq and Tips Thread... Here

Please join "us" in the CHAT room, about 15 minutes before the window opens... and till... well to the last person turns off the lights...
http://chat.dbstalk.com

The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of Last National Release)
  • Items from CE:08:01
  • Items from CE:08:02
  • Items from CE:08:03
  • Items from CE:08:04
  • Items from CE:08:05
Improved
  • Guide speed performance
  • SWM tunning
  • Interactive MLB/NFL channels
  • XM Channel stability
  • System self-diagnostic
  • Search results
  • Game Lounge Performance
  • Stability Improvement
  • Sound Effects Corrected
  • General System Performance
  • Stability Improvements
Updated
  • ATSC guide
  • Video stability
  • Signal strength meter fixes
New feature(s)
  • SWM Support enabled
  • One Button Guide Toggle
  • INFO hold -> Jump to System Information Screen
  • Additional key presses on remote, will bring system out of standby
  • Program Guide now displays more then 4 characters of channel short name
  • Option to hide SD channels if HD channels are available
Notes
  • Primarily issue fixes, no new featuers expected
Note to other sites and users of those sites:
You are permitted to copy this CE Announcement in it's entirety (including this disclaimer) without modification so long as you provide a clickable link to DBSTalk.com.

Is the chat broken? Has anyone received this update yet? Am I being too impatient?

I'm just extremely tired of this h20-100. It sucks. I hope this CE release makes it suck less. :(

Is the chat broken? Has anyone received this update yet? Am I being too impatient?

I'm just extremely tired of this h20-100. It sucks. I hope this CE release makes it suck less. :(

After four or five attempts, I finally received it. Thanks, Earl! For those having trouble, I had to "reset all" before it worked.

I spent five minutes trying out the new features and they all worked. I'll play around more tomorrow and report if I find out anything more.

Good night.

Curious

Hey guy's,
I did a CE update for the H-20-100 last night.
Now, when I look to see what the software says is currently is, it is correct but it says :
0x204A - Tuesday 7/31 at 3:42a

Why is it showing the wrong date and time, with the correct software ?

Any thoughts ???

Jimbo

Ignore the date and time for the download, it's always incorrect and according to Earl is something that will take more effort to fix then it's worth. It does show the correct date/time when the code is automatically updated by D*, just forced downloads are incorrect.

Ignore the date and time for the download, it's always incorrect and according to Earl is something that will take more effort to fix then it's worth. It does show the correct date/time when the code is automatically updated by D*, just forced downloads are incorrect.

Thanks Rad,
I didn't know if it was anything I should look into or not,it's the first CE I've done for this unit !

Jimbo

I tried this download several times, but no update...what is a staggered download?

A staggered download is one that D* sends out, a "National Release" you don't have to do anything to get it,it will show up sometime in the early morning.
It is one that D* usually starts on the West coast and sends across the country, but not all at the same time.

Jimbo

so, can I download before I am scheduled to get it?

No you will not be able to download it ahead of time.
Was there something perticular that you were looking for.

IF you decide to start doing the CE 's Cutting Edge Updates, they come out regularly, but I advise to read all the rules and regs so you know what your getting into IF you go that route.

Jimbo

A staggered download is one that D* sends out, a "National Release" you don't have to do anything to get it,it will show up sometime in the early morning.
It is one that D* usually starts on the West coast and sends across the country, but not all at the same time.

Jimbo

Do you know when Wisconsin or the midwest will get this upgrade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)