H20 OTA Scan Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrodger322

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
This morning I scanned OTA digitals for Lansing,MI because channel 10.1 changed from a UHF to a VHF frequency and I wasn't getting any signal at all. After scanning I had some 30 stations including Detroit, Flint and other non-locals. But the H20 kept trying to tune the old 10.1 frequency and not the new VHF. So I did a total reset and started over. Now I get 10.1 VHF but I no longer get any of the out of local market signals from Detroit, Flint, etc. I can only tune the OTA channels that appear in the DTV guide; and these are only the local Lansing digital channels and sub channels. After multiple rescans I give up. Does anyone know what happened and what I can do to get back my access to out of market signals that my OTA antenna can easily bring in? Thanks for any clues as to what's going on. My other H20 still gets and tunes all the channels EXCEPT 10.1 VHF.

I'm taking a wag here, but do an initial antenna setup. After entering your zip, the receiver will identify your primary dma as Lansing/Jackson. At that point, there should be a button to enter a second dma which will enable you to load the Detroit/Flint channels too.

I'm taking a wag here, but do an initial antenna setup. After entering your zip, the receiver will identify your primary dma as Lansing/Jackson. At that point, there should be a button to enter a second dma which will enable you to load the Detroit/Flint channels too.

Yes, that is the "Secondary" location.
It will come up on the screen and ask if you have one you would like to set up.

Tried it

Yes, picking the secondary market allowed me to load the guide for the secondary market; but it seems to actually scan and find those signals and have the tuner tune them I must first do a total system reset and then start over from scratch. Similarly, if i want to reaim my antenna and then tune in Grand Rapids stations I must again reset and start over again from scratch by loading the guide and then scanning for both the primary and secondary markets. What a pain. Last week it didn't work this way. it sucks.

Thanks for the help, I'm somewhat better off.

Riodger

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)