H20 Showing Multiple Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

str8poolbanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Johnstown, PA
So I get a H20 the other day without the 5 LNB dish (I dont know why and am working on getting it). But if I use my remote and press 03 to goto Philly Local Channel 3 it says channel not available, but if I press channel up it goes to my local philly station. This is really a pain in the arse as my Tivo box will not record ANY local channels. So far I've been on the phone with DTV for about an hour (still on with them). Any suggestions???

From other posts, my understanding of the MPEG4 stuff was that they would be broadcast on your local channels. So, if you have channel 2 (CBS), then channel 2 would contain your HD, local channel 2. The reports said that if you channel up from there you would find your SD channel 2. I think it might be a channel 2.1 or something to that effect. I also thought that it would be on your guide as such. I'm not really capable of commenting with certainty, but there should be plenty of MPEG4 receiving people that could comment with greater clarity.

Sounds like you're not getting the HD version of Channel 3. The HD version will be labeled with the call letters, and the SD would show up like AT5 (Atlanta 5). On my H20, 5-Enter will take me to WAGA-DT, ChUp will take me to WAGA, and ChUp will then take me to WAGA-DT OTA.

I screwed up and had to eat the box (H20) at a install I did. No biggie seeing I only got to eat 120 bucks for it. Now I tried to get a 5 LNB dish so that I can get my locals via D* out of the Philly DMA, but they wanted 99 dollars for the dish....I can see this is gonna be a headache.

Didn't see you didn't have the AT-9. That's your problem. Have you tried telling the receiver that you only have a 3-LNB dish during setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)