H20 Unable to Download Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsbrady1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Sugar Hill, Ga
So yesterday morning the wife turns on the H20 and update is in progress at 0% , she gets home a 4pm and it is only at 1%. By the time I get home the picture is back on but a message keeps poping up asking me if D* can turn the H20 off to download new software, I say no. After dinner we are watching 24 on the TIVO and the H20 attempts to download software again but fails, it tells me to hit the red reset button which I do, download fails again, this goes on 3 or 4 more times until I say to he** with this and unplug the H20, let it sit for about 30 sec and then plug it back in, continues the download failed loop. This morning when we turn it on we have the picture back but the "turn off" message keeps poping up. Any ideas 1) why the software won't download, 2) how to stop the download attempt so I can actually use the box for watching television instead of attempting to download updates.

Did you try to reset the receiver bu unplugging it and plugging it back it? Try that before calling high turnover CSR's.

un plug the reciever, while the "welcome your directv reciever........."is still up punch in 0,2,4,6,8,select. it SHOULD force the download.

hope that helps. when you unplug it , let it sit 5 min then plug it back in.

Thanks for your replys, I did try every possible combination of reseting the box with unplugging, with reset button with & w/o sat line on etc.... I did not let it sit 5 minutes though, typically I counted to 30. Last night the wife was about ready to stage a revolution because she could not watch the olympics so I called D* they are sending me a new box so Iguess I will swap them out, I am assuming that if it would not take this download I will more than likely have issues with future , if any, downloads.

BTW Dragon002, GO STEELERS!!! you got my Georgia boys , Hines and Verron on the team, Steelers are my second fav next to the hapless Falcons! Glad they won the SB.

Last edited:
My original box finally took the download on it's own the next morning after I called D* so when the new box came in I just sent it back. I don't see what the update did, I still have minor lip sync issues on D's HD locals, the OTA local is fine if not superior to the D local

Status
Please reply by conversation.