h21-100 & diplexer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Logic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Norwalk, CA
I recently made a DIY antenna that works really well & picks up all the OTA stuff on my TV. So, i figured with that said & done, I could implement 2 diplexers on my satellite line and setup this antenna on my roof for optimal reception. I have a 5 LNB Slimline dish (standard, not SWM)

i started this morning by placing one diplexer on the TV side by doing this:
H21-100 with B-Band adapter & TV antenna -> Diplexer -> RG-6 -> Dish

with the diplexers in place, i got an error with 501 (HBOeHD) trying to find a signal and other HD channels working. I figure... ok. Maybe its the placement of the B-Band adapter.

I moved the B-Band adapter to the other side of my inside diplexer and lo & behold, i got the channel back. When it came to install the diplexer on the opposite end, i did the same thing... i added the diplexer to the dish & antenna and yet again, i got an error with HBOeHD.

Is there a way around this with the Slimline 5-LNB? or is it pretty much hopeless for me because of the b-band adapter? if there's a solution, can u show me a diagram?

Thanks!

no matter what anyone says about diplexing with that type of system, its going to fail with something
Ka low is 250-750 and if something you are trying to watch is in the same freq range as a channel that is coming in OTA - kapow its gone

Since diplexing OTA has an insertion loss, I'd suggest that you run a dedicated coax for the antenna. Not to mention the problems with trying to diplex on a Ka/Ku setup.

nope nope nope, incorrect, you can absolutely diplex with ka/ku as long as it is NOT swm, which op stated it was not, however, from the sounds of your setup it would not be worth it for you, as in what i take, you are trying to get one line from your roof into the house then up to the receiver. What you would need to do to make this work is as follows.

LNB - RG6 - BBC - Diplexer (sat side) \
- cable to IRD ~~~
OTA Antenna - RG6(59) - diplexer (ant/tv side) /

/ (sat side) RG6 - sat input of IRD
~~~cable to IRD - diplexer -
\ (ant/tv side) - RG6(59) - TV/VCR/Whatever Input

so the trick is make sure your Broad Band Converter is inline before the satellite signal is diplexed into the cable/ant/ota feed. however you do not want your bbc outside in the weather, if you run 2 lines one from the dish and one from the antenna into your basement or attic or whatever and then bbc the sat line, then diplex them and run 1 line to your ird, then diplex it back out, everything will be just peachy. I promise :D this works with cable tv and internet as well.

Edit so my spacing and graphics didnt show up as i wanted them to, but any questions pm me, ill send you pictures.

Yeah, I kinda had the feeling I was going to have to diplex before the satellite split. All my connectors run under the house and its easier to patch in at the roof. I didn't want to have to leave a bbc out in the elements but I had a feeling that I was going to have to do it. There's no All-Weather BBC is there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts