H21-100 problem after power failure

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sarge41

Original poster
May 9, 2005
Southeast Pennsylvania
I have been with D for a little over 1 month. I have the 5 LNB multi-sat dish. One H21-100 downstairs and one HR21-100 upstairs. Since switching to D I have had two power failures. The HR21 resets normally when the power is restored, no problems. However with the H21 when I turn it on after a power failure it does not automatically reset and return to my previous set favorites and settings. In fact I have to go through the initial setup procedure, entering type of dish, zip code etc. When that is complete I lose all previous settings, favorites are gone, and Sat 103 (a) shows failed signal, and I cannot get some channels, mostly my locals. The first time this happened I tried both a soft and hard reset. I tried disconnecting the cable from the sat to the H21 and nothing worked. I left for about two hours and when I came back everything had fixed itself. Sat 103(a) was now at full strength and all channels were available. However with today’s power failure I did all the resets etc and it has been over three hours and I still do not have Sat 103(a). Anyone have any suggestions before I call tech support? Thanks for any help you can supply.

Thanks anyway. Found solution through DirectV website.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts