Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Happy Thanksgiving!

Systems in this release
H21-200

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, November 28, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, November 29, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the CE Chat on Friday nights:
cechat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

The Contents of this CE Download:
Differences based on last National Release
  • Items from CE:17:01 High Risk
  • Items from CE:17:01 High Risk

New features
  • 01 - Network
  • 01 - Media Share
  • 01 - Music Screen Saver
  • 01 - Game Search
  • 01 - 1080p/24
  • 01 - OTA via the AM21
  • 01 - Autotune
  • 01 - Multi-Room Viewing
    • View Playlist from a networked HR2x or R22
    • Playback/Trick Play functions from any networked HR2x or R22
    • Press {LIST} to see HR2x or R22 servers
    • one playback per server at a time
  • 02 - Parental Controls when scheduling autotune
  • 02 - MRV: bookmarks and resume playback from previous location

Improved/Updated
  • 02 - Support for more 1080p Sony TV models
  • 02 - Faster Guide scrolling
  • 02 - ATSC signal meter performance
  • 02 - Fixed a screen saver issue
  • 02 - ATSC setup screen now works on first boot
  • 02 - Fixed reappearance of deleted autotunes
  • 02 - UI updates
    "tuner 2" and "tuner 3" references
  • 02 - Fixed Gray Screen or a PPV OSD appearing overnight
  • 02 - Improved "Try Again" when trying to connect to the Internet.

Known Problems
  • 02 - Support for WGA600N
  • 02 - DHCP network setup

Notes
  • 01 - Reverting back to National Release will go back to default settings
  • 01 - To enable MRV:
    • Network must be enabled
    • Enable IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword
    • Select Menu -> Parental, Fav's & Setup -> Miscellaneous Options -> Multi-Room DVR and choose On.
    • Network must be enabled on HR2x and R22 DVRs
  • 01 - Please test the box as a standard H21 before enabling the Multi-Room View Client feature and report issues
  • 01 - Then please test MRV
    veggies before dessert
  • 01 - When reporting MRV issues, please include the logs from both server and the client
  • 01 - Please report all occurrences of “Unable to Access to Media” OSD with logs
  • 02 - When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number

*** CAUTIONARY NOTE *** You've been warned
  • 01 - Do not have an unpurchased PPV in the server’s playlist when displaying the playlist on the H21
  • 01 - Do not have a currently downloading broadband program in the server’s playlist when displaying the playlist on the H21
  • 02 - The above Cautionary notes are less cautionary

done here. getting message 1080p not supported even though it's hooked up to a 1080p/24 plasma. can't connect on the network either. everything else seems fine.

I am also having the network issue. I am reconfiguring the network connection now to see if that helps.

My network is working after a reconfigure. It looks like I lost my gateway setting after the download.

I might sound stupid but what time can I get the CE from the west coast (CA)? The announcement says 11:00PM ET and I see people posting about it from 8:00PM... Have been trying since to get the update, without success

I might sound stupid but what time can I get the CE from the west coast (CA)? The announcement says 11:00PM ET and I see people posting about it from 8:00PM... Have been trying since to get the update, without success

For the west coast it would be 8pm to 11pm.

Make sure to read the instructions in the FYI thread (last sticky in the main CE forum).

done here. getting message 1080p not supported even though it's hooked up to a 1080p/24 plasma. can't connect on the network either. everything else seems fine.

Not sure if they've done much with 1080p support for the H21 yet, but can you post what TV you have for them?

Using MRV I can play recorded 1080p content from my HR2X DVR's. If you can't then I'd report it in the CE thread for the version you're on reporting what resolutions the Misc Options on the H21-200 reports.

i will do that when i get home from work today guys. thanks....

I noticed fixes in the interface for viewing the programming. Audio problems persist and the fact that the list isn't updated are still big issues. What is strange is that the audio problems seemed to be tied to the stations. I can't figure that one out at all. NBC programs seem to have the biggest issues. My wife noticed it too for A&EHD. I've had much fewer issues with programs on FOX and CBS. Discovery is in between FOX and NBC.

Still using this version. Found a strange bug tonight. Somebody hit the list button on the HR21 while I was watching a recorded show on the H21. The H21 came back and said "Unable to access receiver". It got stuck in this event and kept bring up the message. I would hit the 'Ok' only to have it immediately return with the same message. I ended up hitting the red reset button.

Now I've tried to get it to access my network. It keeps clearing the Gateway IP after testing. I've rebooted about six times using the normal reboot process. Every time I set the Gateway IP, it says its connected. Once I hit the 'continue', the unit clears the Gateway IP again and won't access the HR21 unit on the network.

I deem this version now useless.

EDIT:
It appears that not only did my unit get stuck in a loop when the list was pressed on the server unit (HR21), the show got corrupted too. I tried to replay the show last night on the HR21 unit. Everytime I pressed 'Start Over' or 'Resume', it came back with "Are you sure you want to delete this recording?"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)