Friday, October 23, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AMET

Risk Level for this Download: Very High Risk

New features
MRV is back!

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Multi Room Viewing (MRV) is enabled with keyword “BRINGMRVBACK” and disabled with “LOSEMRV”.

Previous Release Info:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New features
CE:19:01 (0x435B) - MRV is back!

Improved/Updated
CE:19:01 (0x435B) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:19:02 (0x435F) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:19:03 (0x4364) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:19:04 (0x4368) Very High Risk
Under the hood

For some reason I am having difficulty in enabling MRV on my H21-200 receiver. I downloaded the newest CE software (0x436a) last night, but MRV isn't working. The keyword search of "BRINGMRVBACK" hasn't worked in bringing back "Multiroomviewing" in the Miscellaneous Options menu. The only options I am getting are "Report" and "Done". I am not sure what else I should be doing.

I am trying to watch the recordings on my HR20-700 DVR on the H21 receiver. Both receivers are connected to my home network. I was able to use MRV on these same receivers up until a few weeks ago when the NR software wiped out the CE software that was loaded on the H21. I don't know if this makes a difference, but my HR20 receiver has never had CE software loaded on it, even when MRV was working on the H21.

Is anyone else have the same MRV difficulty with an H21 that I am having? How certain are we that MRV is back in this newest CE software for H21?

I can't get channel 256 (TCM) with this release. Selecting it in the guide, entering the number on the keypad, or using the up down channel buttons doesn't get 256.

MRV works.

Media share doesn't work.

H21-200

Nothing I have tried has gotten MRV working for my with my H21 and HR20. I have rebooted both receivers. I have reset my wireless router. The H21 is connected through a wireless bridge and I have reset the wireless bridge. I have done the BRINGMRVBACK keyword search on the H21 so many times that I have memorized the numeric keypad sequence.

In the system settings both the H21 and HR20 receivers say that they connected to my home network and to the internet. TV-Apps work with both receivers, so it looks like they can both access the internet.

As a last resort I tried connecting both receivers together with a 75' ethernet cable routed from room-to-room, and still nothing. (although I haven't had a chance to reboot the receivers yet with this set-up)

As I stated in my early post, MRV had been working will all of the components that I have now, before the national release wiped out the CE software.

I'm about out of troubleshooting ideas.

Nothing I have tried has gotten MRV working for my with my H21 and HR20. I have rebooted both receivers. I have reset my wireless router. The H21 is connected through a wireless bridge and I have reset the wireless bridge. I have done the BRINGMRVBACK keyword search on the H21 so many times that I have memorized the numeric keypad sequence.

In the system settings both the H21 and HR20 receivers say that they connected to my home network and to the internet. TV-Apps work with both receivers, so it looks like they can both access the internet.

As a last resort I tried connecting both receivers together with a 75' ethernet cable routed from room-to-room, and still nothing. (although I haven't had a chance to reboot the receivers yet with this set-up)

As I stated in my early post, MRV had been working will all of the components that I have now, before the national release wiped out the CE software.

I'm about out of troubleshooting ideas.

From your first post, you should know that with the latest round of MRV releases that the MultiRoomViewing option has been moved from Misc. menu to Location Tab in settings menu. At least that's what happened on the HRx series.

With the setup above, you need to go to the advanced network settings and give the boxes unique IP addresses on same subnet to get the boxes to see each other. Try losemrv/bringmrvback and menu restart all boxes simultaneously.

When you go back to your original setup, reset defaults under network setup and note that when connecting to INTERNET, that you will see the Sharelist & delete MRV option. You can go back to the Location Tab and rename the friendly name if you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)