H21 Pixelation and Freeze

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KeithAP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Evergreen, CO
I have a service call in - but wondered if anyone has had similar experience. At the outset, let me say that all satellite strength signals run mostly 90's with a few upper 80's.

Watching the Craftsman truck race on SpeedHD, the picture would show intermittent pixelization over the course of 1-2 hours and then eventually freeze. When this happens. about 16 other HD channels (the "new" ones) would have no picture while others did. Some of the other channels lost were local ABC and Fox HD, FX-HD, BIO-HD, HIST-HD, NGC-HD, A&E-HD. Others like CNN-HD and ESPN-HD were fine.

The only way to get the picture back was to reset the receiver (red button next to access card), then all is good for another 1-2 hours when the problem would repeat.

This sound like B-converter, receiver, multi-switch, or LNB?

Is there a way to associate a channel to a particular satellite/transponder?

I have the same problem, some think it is with the FOX family of feeds, this really is an issue that seems like is a large issue.

I have similar problems with HD locals. Not always, but occasionally pixelization will start to creep in and the channel becomes unwatchable. Not all locals are affected at the same time. Signal strength is always in the upper 80s to 100. Last night, NBA HD was unwatchable, and when I looked at signal strength, there were some transponders that indicated 0 that normally have good numbers, and 103a & b were renamed to 103s and 103c.

Last edited:
All we did today during the service call was swap out the H21 receiver and B-Band converter.

I set the receiver on SpeedHD - and left to go shopping. When we returned, the image was frozen and the exact same situation with HD channels I described above occurred. Doesn't sound like a receiver/B-Band problem.

I'm going to work backwards starting with the multiswitch, connections, grounding block, then dish components to see if I can isolate the issue myself before calling in again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.