H21 Receiver Settings: Native on or off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kruseb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
I am new to satellite setup and hd, etc. What should I have my receiver set to NATIVE (on or off) and also SCREEN FORMAT (orig. format, crop, pillar, or stretch). I have a Samsung PN50A Plasma. I can set that to JUST SCAN or 16:9. Thanks.

Try them all and see what you prefer. I would imagine that the "Original Format" would look best as it is not stretched or cropped. But as for Native ON/OFF, the difference will mainly be in the speed at which the channels change. If the receiver is forcing everything through at 720p, you may navigate faster. But your TV may have a better up-/down- converter than what is in the IRD. So try them both and see which you prefer. Because ultimately, it is you watching the TV, not us ;)

So channel change should be faster if I have NATIVE off? Thanks for your response.

yes it does
it looks like i want these settings:
H21:
native=off
screen format = original format

and set the tv to "16:9" instead of using "just scan"
thanks again

yes it does
it looks like i want these settings:
H21:
native=off
screen format = original format

and set the tv to "16:9" instead of using "just scan"
thanks again

I perfer the just scan setting on my tv. The 16:9 setting zooms the picture slightly and I miss some of the picture. Just scan will leave a line on top or bottom on a few of the channels but the picture is a lot more sharp to me. I have a Sammy 52a650.

what do you guys think about just turning 1080i off all together?

i have the pn50a550 and i think it displays 720p better than 1080i...

at the moment i'm on native = on, 1080i = off, just scan

its weird, when i turn native off, the 1080i light still lights up, despite having 1080i off on the hr21.

i'm still experimenting with native...any advice would be nice!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)