H23 vs. H24?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
I did a SEARCH on this but really did not learn anything like I had hoped. Thus, will ask here which receiver is preferable? Maybe I will have a choice when they come to install next MONday. Reading the description of each on the D* Site - the H23 appears to have some kind of COOL features that the H24 does not...........BUT the H24 must be the latest and greatest [w/o those features though]. What is the consensus among you users as to which is the BEST and WHY?

TKS michael:confused:

The H23 doesn't need the bbc if you aren't on a swm setup. The H24 does. That's the major difference for most customers.

The H24 is smaller and probably faster but is lacking optical audio and S-video outputs. It also has DECA networking built-in. The H23 does not require a BBC on non-SWM installations. They both support the same features.

TKS for responses - trying now to search to find out what those abbreviations mean ie. BBC; DECA; and SWM?

Do they both have HDMI OUT? Do they both connect up to the Internet?

TKS michael

PS - appears some of those unknown features are only necessary in a "network" of receivers etc......don't need that - will only have ONE HD Receiver.

TKS for responses - trying now to search to find out what those abbreviations mean ie. BBC; DECA; and SWM?

Do they both have HDMI OUT? Do they both connect up to the Internet?

TKS michael

PS - appears some of those unknown features are only necessary in a "network" of receivers etc......don't need that - will only have ONE HD Receiver.

Yes, they both have hdmi outputs. You are correct about deca, it has to do with networking for whole home dvr service. A bbc is a small connector between the dish and the receiver that converts signals so the receiver can "see" them, swm is a type of lnb that allows two tuners to work over one cable.

Does the H24 support media share (so I can use the receiver to play music stored on my home computer)? I think I read somewhere that the H23 has the media share but the H24 doesn't. Can someone confirm?

thanks

I don't know about that one, but I'd be surprised if it didn't have that feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts