H23 vs. H24?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
I did a SEARCH on this but really did not learn anything like I had hoped. Thus, will ask here which receiver is preferable? Maybe I will have a choice when they come to install next MONday. Reading the description of each on the D* Site - the H23 appears to have some kind of COOL features that the H24 does not...........BUT the H24 must be the latest and greatest [w/o those features though]. What is the consensus among you users as to which is the BEST and WHY?

TKS michael:confused:

The H23 doesn't need the bbc if you aren't on a swm setup. The H24 does. That's the major difference for most customers.

The H24 is smaller and probably faster but is lacking optical audio and S-video outputs. It also has DECA networking built-in. The H23 does not require a BBC on non-SWM installations. They both support the same features.

TKS for responses - trying now to search to find out what those abbreviations mean ie. BBC; DECA; and SWM?

Do they both have HDMI OUT? Do they both connect up to the Internet?

TKS michael

PS - appears some of those unknown features are only necessary in a "network" of receivers etc......don't need that - will only have ONE HD Receiver.

TKS for responses - trying now to search to find out what those abbreviations mean ie. BBC; DECA; and SWM?

Do they both have HDMI OUT? Do they both connect up to the Internet?

TKS michael

PS - appears some of those unknown features are only necessary in a "network" of receivers etc......don't need that - will only have ONE HD Receiver.

Yes, they both have hdmi outputs. You are correct about deca, it has to do with networking for whole home dvr service. A bbc is a small connector between the dish and the receiver that converts signals so the receiver can "see" them, swm is a type of lnb that allows two tuners to work over one cable.

Does the H24 support media share (so I can use the receiver to play music stored on my home computer)? I think I read somewhere that the H23 has the media share but the H24 doesn't. Can someone confirm?

thanks

I don't know about that one, but I'd be surprised if it didn't have that feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)