H25-500 to slimline dishSWIM SL3 can't get signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tspeed

Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
cin,ohio
Home in ohio with direct tv with H25-500 Receiver
have summer place in south carolina that I want to put second dish and use my H25-500 Receiver
I purchased a SlimLine Dish with SWIM SL3 with green label
Power inserter 21 volts
Installed everything but can not get a signal
When I go to signal meter it say Tuner 1 not acquired but I don't get any beeping noise to set the dish

Make sure you power the receiver after the dish is powered and hooked up. Then change the satellite to slimline with swm switch. Do not install any b band converters or splitters or anything like that.

Put the signal page on 101 then swing around slowly until you see the numbers. I wouldn't use the meter as that is just one transponder and there might be a chance you pick a spotbeam transponder that is not active in your area.

Once you dial in 101 then dither for 99 and 103

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

tspeed said:
Home in ohio with direct tv with H25-500 Receiver
have summer place in south carolina that I want to put second dish and use my H25-500 Receiver
I purchased a SlimLine Dish with SWIM SL3 with green label
Power inserter 21 volts
Installed everything but can not get a signal
When I go to signal meter it say Tuner 1 not acquired but I don't get any beeping noise to set the dish

The H25 doesn't have a beep to help point the dish. You'll need to set the cords for your area and then go from there. Obviously you've found the signal meter on the receiver so that's not an issue. You'll need to slowly point the dish. SWM take a second longer normally to register in the screen so just be patient! Take a small tv with you or set a "face-time" or Skype session so you can see the screen or have somebody inside via cell phone telling you what the receiver is telling you. BE PATIENT! Can't say that enough

digiblur said:
Make sure you power the receiver after the dish is powered and hooked up. Then change the satellite to slimline with swm switch. Do not install any b band converters or splitters or anything like that.

Put the signal page on 101 then swing around slowly until you see the numbers. I wouldn't use the meter as that is just one transponder and there might be a chance you pick a spotbeam transponder that is not active in your area.

Once you dial in 101 then dither for 99 and 103

The receiver needs to be on slimline-3 (SWM) and multi switch-SWM

I thought the swm setups were detected automatically.

Actually the H25 only works with swm but you still need to select it since its a universal firmware.

But yes, it detects it if the swm is up and powered before the receiver is powered up.

raoul5788 said:

Yes, they are SWM only. Some that don't have newer software on them still allows you to select other options but it won't work

You do need the power inserter. Otherwise the lnb will try to run off of the power supply in the receiver, but it's too small to supply the correct voltage. Swim and swm are the same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)