H2x / HR2x CE Release 1/9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
H21 • H23 H24 • H25HR20 • HR21 • HR24
(all manufacturers)

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday January 9, 2015 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday January 10, 2015 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
Moderate Risk

New features
  • Prompt for Remote Control Change w/New TV
Improved/Updated
  • Under the hood/stability
Notes
  • You may lose your guide cache
  • Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
  • Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
  • Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
  • Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

seems the HR22-100's are out of the updating game
Charper,
I believe there is a CE for the HR22 ...
According to the D* firmware site, the current CE software for that unit is 0x096F, thats with the new software from tonights CE.
If your not there, I would go ahead and download.

I think it's been updated all along, but for some reason the recvr list just isn't being given to us correctly.

If you don't get it tonight, check the listing tomorrow and see if it's in the stream tomorrow night as well.

http://www.redh.com/dtv/

finally went to bed after watching the HR22-100 for nearly 20m. checked it this morning and it seems it updated. as well as all for of the H24s. still think a Genie is in order.. We put a TV on the patio and the wireless sounds like the thing PLUS it is 4k ready and we would love to have some more 4k content. do you have any experience with that; does it work well for HD?

Last edited:
finally went to bed after watching the HR22-100 for nearly 20m. checked it this morning and it seems it updated. as well as all for of the H24s. still think a Genie is in order.. We put a TV on the patio and the wireless sounds like the thing. You have any experience with that; does it work well for HD?
I have never used the wireless set up, but I'm sure the installers can help you in that regard.

Glad to see you got updated.

Btw, if you check your Online account, under Recvrs, take a look and see if they are offering you a Genie, often time I'll see items that they are offering ... but you would never know if you didn't go into that section.

they are offering it; thats kind of why I am debating the move. we also want the avalability of more 4k content

they are offering it; thats kind of why I am debating the move. we also want the avalability of more 4k content
I got one awhile back, love it, you wont be disappointed .... make sure you get the newer HR44 ... if theres any question, tell them you NEED the Wireless for the internet connection.

On a negative, i very much dislike the new peanut shaped remotes.

Bug still there.

I reported this last week here and with an online report, so this is not a new problem.

I am in On Demand. The category program listing shows all the programs I expect to see. I mark one for download. Upon returning to the category program listing instead of the set of programs that was there before, I see only one program listed. A quick look at the other categories shows that they all have either nothing or a single episode.

This has happened to me twice this week. Both times, I did nothing but wait an hour and on returning found the expected program listings.

My receiver is an HR24-200. Sorry, no online report this time.

got the HR44, the DirecTV wifi video sender and 3 C41w and could not be happier. I was able to get them un-boxed and installed in about an hour (counting the phone call to DirecTV for activation). It all integrated perfectly with my remaining 3 H24's for a great networked whole-home system setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)