Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
H21 • H23 • H24 • H25
HR20 • HR21 • HR22 • HR23 • HR24
(all manufacturers)

Note that this is now a unified thread for ALL HD receivers and DVRs except H20.

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, April 20, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30 AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: VERY High Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
My DIRECTV
Channel Logos
MRV
Pandora
Under the hood

Notes
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

You guys do this on purpose, right? You know that there is no louder siren call than "this will break your device."

:)

Aj,
Jason is just passing along what D* sends...

They are the ones that make the Risk Level.

The High Risk generally tells me it's a new version of the software.

I've been doing these CE Releases since '06, very rarely do they have trouble enough to "Break our Device" ... that said, it COULD happen at any time, CE or non.

I have never had one break a box. Several have caused lots of cursing and reverts back to national releases.

Yeah I guess you could always go back to NR but at the risk of losing recordings on the DVR if the software version changed the format of the filesystem. I'm downloading it on my non-dvr's this evening. 05de and 45de spooling now.

HAPPY 4/20 PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HR24/100 DVR... after download of 0x5de last night, experiencing a couple of issues that I just noticed this morning. When I was on the Weather Channel and pressed the Red interactive button, the receiver rebooted and went thru self-check. Same thing happened again less than a minute later, on its own, after the channel came back up. Changed channels and haven't had the problem recur again, yet.

download the ce last night no you tube or pandero on the hr24 500.should i wait before going back to n ce?

When they say HIGH RISK, they mean it.

This past weekend (4/20) I downloaded the CE version on my HR24-200. As usual everything went smooth but on Monday night and several days following that, the dvr went bezerk. It was constantly rebooting itself and all I was doing was watching tv. Finally I un plugged it waited 10 seconds and plugged it back in. Pressed the red button, waited for the blue screen to come up then 02468. took longer than normal to download. Now I know what HIGH RISK means. Now so far so good. I did not loose any recordings or schedules.

This past weekend (4/20) I downloaded the CE version on my HR24-200. As usual everything went smooth but on Monday night and several days following that, the dvr went bezerk. It was constantly rebooting itself and all I was doing was watching tv. Finally I un plugged it waited 10 seconds and plugged it back in. Pressed the red button, waited for the blue screen to come up then 02468. took longer than normal to download. Now I know what HIGH RISK means. Now so far so good. I did not loose any recordings or schedules.

Now you are on the National Release.

I haven't had any issues due to the CE.

I do have an issue, but it's not CE related, every once in a while, when I change a a station, it comes i8n, then goes out for a few seconds and then back in and works fine from there.
Also once in a while if I back up a show, I get a black screen for about 5 seconds and then backs up and works normally.

This is happening on the HR24-100, I don't think the 24-500 is doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)