H3 Bluetooth Pairing

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Could any please provide some tips to connecting my Samsung Bluetooth soundbar to the H3. I use the Bluetooth Audio section in the menu, turn on pairing, find device. Tried it 50 times. Never finds it. The sound bar shows up on my tablet with no issue.

Thanx

Tried rebooting H3 and soundbar. Still no luck. Unfortunately that is the only Bluetooth audio I have. The soundbar pairs with no problem to the tablet.

I got to Dish advanced tech support. This is a known issue with H3 that has no projected fix date.

Are there any inputs on the soundbar you could use from the Hopper? Like optical or RCA? I bet they would provide better sound quality than Bluetooth anyway.

Are there any inputs on the soundbar you could use from the Hopper? Like optical or RCA? I bet they would provide better sound quality than Bluetooth anyway.
Yes there are. But I am using the optical from the TV output so it provides the sound from all connected HDMI sources automatically. I was trying to use the BT so I could listen to music from the H3 without having the TV on.

Yes there are. But I am using the optical from the TV output so it provides the sound from all connected HDMI sources automatically. I was trying to use the BT so I could listen to music from the H3 without having the TV on.

Got ya - I tried to do the same with my H3 and a small BT speaker for the Sirius/XM stations when it first came out and the Hopper would not stay connected.

The weirdest thing dealing with Bluetooth I saw with my Hopper 3 & 4K Joey was when I paired my Sony SRS-X55 to my 4K and then the Hopper 3 was the Hooper 3 would take priority even when the speaker was inches away from the Joey and the Hopper 3 is downstairs and over 30' away. I eventually had to reset my speaker, remove the pairing from both Dish units, and then pair it to the Joey since that's the unit I'm most interested in using with the speaker. At one point, it seemed like the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey had the same Bluetooth ID since I had supposedly reset the speaker yet the Hopper 3 would still play to it. Like I said, weird...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)