H3 does not record timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

evilsofa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Atlanta, Ga
Apologies if this is already a thread but I could not find when searching.

H3 timers, happens more to new timers then old but it records the first episode then never records any more episodes. Timer is set to new and programs show up as new. Sat and watched it happen to a timer the other night verified timer was there but no episodes shows as they are going to record. I deleted the timer and re-added it and now it says it will record all new episodes. What's going on Dish fix this!

Far too long to share may experiences and this is an issue known to some. To try and put it simply: sometimes it seems that ONE show will have two different "identities" and also two different images for the thumbnails--a dead give away--in the database. For example, the show River Monsters has one image on on the thumbnail and seems to relate to only past season repeats, while another images on the thumbnail with the EXACT title of River Monsters will record episodes of current season and future current seasons. I have observed this on a few other shows.

The key is for your to check the DAILY RECORDINGS list to see if they show you want is going to record, but to also to go to the TIMERS and select the timer you are interested in and select TIMER SCHEDULE and it should list all the shows related to that timer and if they will record or be skipped.

In general it all works well, but there are too many situations when there are two different identities for one show or repeats of a show will record even though we have set it to record only NEW. There is some effort to check the stuff I mentioned if one wants to be certain.

I have seen this behavior also that DishSubLA mentions. I find that sometimes shows on food network will record again even though they are a rerun because they have repackaged the show or something. I found if I really want to catch all shows, just in case, I have to set the timer to new & reruns. Sometimes makes for a bunch of deleting but I don't miss ones I want.

Reactions: DWS44
Are these Seek and Record timers based on a search string? Do Seek and Record timers exhibit the same behavior?

Apologies if this is already a thread but I could not find when searching.

H3 timers, happens more to new timers then old but it records the first episode then never records any more episodes. Timer is set to new and programs show up as new. Sat and watched it happen to a timer the other night verified timer was there but no episodes shows as they are going to record. I deleted the timer and re-added it and now it says it will record all new episodes. What's going on Dish fix this!

Hi...was the original timer set on the same channel as the 'new' episode was recording? Also some shows have moved channels, and unless it is a seek timer, it will not record on the new channel

Vivek

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Are these Seek and Record timers based on a search string? Do Seek and Record timers exhibit the same behavior?

On H3- seek timers are based on Gracenote ID's and not search strings. This makes it more accurate, and allows for team timers, actor timers etc...

Hi...was the original timer set on the same channel as the 'new' episode was recording? Also some shows have moved channels, and unless it is a seek timer, it will not record on the new channel

Vivek

Ok - looks like we had a bug that was fixed in the new label
If you searched for something, and it was not in the 9 day guide, you would be taken directly to the info screen for that episode. Then when you selected “Record when available” it would only record that one episode. Old timers that were setup will still have this issue but new timers won’t.

Vivek

Same happens with Seek and Record timers, specifically created a seek and record for cleverman it recorded the first episode and then no further episodes have been recorded had to delete the seek and create a new timer based on the search that found it. Now I have episodes 1 and 4 really bites

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Same happens with Seek and Record timers, specifically created a seek and record for cleverman it recorded the first episode and then no further episodes have been recorded had to delete the seek and create a new timer based on the search that found it. Now I have episodes 1 and 4 really bites

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app
2 and 3 are available On Demand....