H3 Folders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrat69

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Southern Indiana
My H3 system will be installed this week, since I am moving from 2 HWS to 1 HS, will it work to create folders to sort the recordings? I was thinking Family (shows we all watch) Dad (shows only I watch) Mom (shows only she watches) and Kids (shows that they watch) from what I have read this should work. Will the recorded shows be grouped in list?( the HWS will list "Big Bang" 12 shows), or would each show be listed separate? If they are moved to EHD are they still grouped, or listed separate?

My H3 system will be installed this week, since I am moving from 2 HWS to 1 HS, will it work to create folders to sort the recordings? I was thinking Family (shows we all watch) Dad (shows only I watch) Mom (shows only she watches) and Kids (shows that they watch) from what I have read this should work. Will the recorded shows be grouped in list?( the HWS will list "Big Bang" 12 shows), or would each show be listed separate? If they are moved to EHD are they still grouped, or listed separate?
When you record a "series" they are together under one icon. You can also create up to 5 Personal Folders on the Hopper (but not on the H3). Episodes of a program stay together under one "tile" (or icon) on the EHD as well as the Hopper.

When you record a "series" they are together under one icon. You can also create up to 5 Personal Folders on the Hopper (but not on the H3). Episodes of a program stay together under one "tile" (or icon) on the EHD as well as the Hopper.

Yes you can on the Hopper 3, but for now still up to 5.

Reactions: xfoneguy
I tried to do folders on the EHD. It allowed me to name a folder. I was able to manage the folder and select shows from the EHD to go in the folder. After the move to the folder the selected shows were not on the EHD. However when I tried to find the folder it was not there. When I exited the EHD and returned, the selected shows were back in the EHD icons. So much of the folder SW is there except the last couple of steps. It seems like a small SW upgrade to get this done.

I tried to do folders on the EHD. It allowed me to name a folder. I was able to manage the folder and select shows from the EHD to go in the folder. After the move to the folder the selected shows were not on the EHD. However when I tried to find the folder it was not there. When I exited the EHD and returned, the selected shows were back in the EHD icons. So much of the folder SW is there except the last couple of steps. It seems like a small SW upgrade to get this done.
You can create a new folder while accessing your EHD but it appears to me that the folder is actually on the Hopper.

Thanks for all the replies, I was pretty sure I was understanding the folders on the H3, I only need 3 or 4, so a 5 limit is not a problem. No folders on the EHD isn't a problem, we use separate drives for our want to keep programs. I only wish the H3 had a 4T HD.

This was a helpful thread for my household as well, many thanks to the original poster and responders!

(I'd already gathered that this is how it works, but this gives me a nice concise summary to present to my wife :) )

Thanks for all the replies, I was pretty sure I was understanding the folders on the H3, I only need 3 or 4, so a 5 limit is not a problem. No folders on the EHD isn't a problem, we use separate drives for our want to keep programs. I only wish the H3 had a 4T HD.
That would be awesome :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts