H3 formatting EHD (how to?)

hey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2016
TX
So, with my older VIP722 (I think) and my H3 before the October update I guess, you plug in a new EHD and it prompts you to format it...

Well, since I got U332 (I think) in October and U334 as of 12/20/16, it won't do this. Nothing happens when you plug in a new EHD. I've tried 3 different brands of UHDs, hoping that they were incompatible for some reason and a different one would work... no luck...

So, is there some trick to get it to format? Is there a menu option or anything for it?

I know there are loads of threads about EHDs disappearing, etc., but this may be different and I can't read through hundreds of messages hoping for info on formatting...

also, I know there is a menu option to upgrade software (to U336, with variable results from what I have read, and I have no idea if there is a fix for this in it)... I suppose I will try that at a last resort...

thanks in advance...

There is some issue with EHDs with U334. You can go to U336 and get the EHDs to work but it has other issues. It all depends upon how much you need those EHDs right now.

Reactions: gdarwin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)