H3 going bad?

The H3 had priority on the account.

I didn’t have the energy to elevate the matter. Perhaps I could have had them deactivate the H3 and then reactivate the HWS, but I just didn’t have the fight in me.
IIRC for multiple Hopper setups you need to talk to a very specific department since normal agents can’t enable more than one Hopper on an account at a time, I was given hell when I was trying to get my second H3 activated until I spoke to someone higher in the chain of tech support (it wasn’t a supervisor or loyalty or “advanced” tech, can’t remember the exact department name). Reason this is relevant to you is because you need to have one receiver on your account active at all time, so the HWS would need to be enabled to then disable the H3, giving you a multi-Hopper acoount, even if it’s for a few minutes.

Another way arround this if you have a secondary receiver active that’s not a Joey (Wally, 211, etc) is to call and ask for the Hopper and all Joeys to be disabled and returned to Dish, once you return the Hopper (you will be sent boxes for the Joeys as well but keep those around) call back and have someone enable your HWS and Joeys again. Troublesome but doable with regular agents.

But to be honest, I think you just have a dud. I would call and ask (demand if necessary) for another Hopper3 or a tech unless you are willing to go through the trouble of getting your HWS activated again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts