H3 Netflix Issue

LandoCommando12

Original poster
Sep 23, 2017
Bettendorf, Iowa
Hey everyone,

So I just installed a Hopper 3 at my house, and all is well except Netflix will not work from the Hopper or either Joey.

I have searched all over for a fix, but mostly came up with a bunch of old threads.

Some info:

Hopper is hardwired to Nighthawk with 100mbps cable internet

All other features (on demand/Pandora/YouTube) work perfectly from all 3 receivers

House freshly wired with new coax

Tried going into diagnostic tools and resetting Netflix, tried bypassing router and hardlining hopper to modem, tried whole home reset

Netflix works on all of my other devices in the home

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

You say you ‘just’ installed the Hopper 3. Has it been installed for more than 72 hours? It often takes a new Hopper that long to get all of its updates to work normally.

Error message saying that my device might not be connected to the internet.

Then if I test the Netflix servers I usually get 4 green checkmarks, but then the same error.

On a 52.0 remote:

Home Button 3 times to Diagnostics page.

Tools \ Reset to Factory Defaults \ Reset Netflix to Defaults

Hope that works for you. Good luck. :)

Also, how many devices are connected to that Netflix account and how many do you have authorized to be connected to it?

OK, so I've waited it out and still getting the same result. All internet functions work except Netflix.

I guess I could have a bad Hopper, but it's just weird that I'm having no other connectivity issues.

I did try the Netflix reset and no luck.

The plot thickens...

I disconnected my Hopper from the network and connected it to my Verizon phone via mobile Hotspot, Netflix comes right up.

All of my other devices have no problem connecting to Netflix through my cable internet connection.

I have a Zoom Docsis3.0 modem and a Netgear Nighthawk running normal DHCP settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Who's your internet provider? There is a list of known issues with various Gateways/Providers when it comes to connectivity on the Hoppers, Comcast and AT&T Are the biggest offenders. What they have us do is connect a 3rd party router to the gateway and connect the Hopper to that or use a Hopper Internet Connector.
I found this partial list of equipment that interferes with Bridging

Actiontec GT784WNV
Netgear N900CG4500BD
Netgear R7000 AC1900
Pace 5031NV
Pace 5268AC
Technicolor TC8305C
Technicolor TC8715D
Technicolor TC8717C
Technicolor TC8717T

Comcast occasionally does not work regardless of router. In Indianapolis, and in Naples FL, it will just go "poof" intermittently.

Check your NightHawk firewall settings to be sure that you are not blocking outbound access from the Hopper to the Internet. This would explain why only the Hopper would be blocked. If QOS is enabled this might also be the issue but probably not because the other NetFlix clients are working.

If bypassing the NightHawk (direct into the modem) does not let NetFlix work, the problem is probably not the NightHawk.

Turn off QOS.. I have a netgear nighthawk AC1900 and QOS always screwed something up. It could be de-prioritizing packets coming from the hopper because it doesn’t know what a hopper is in favor of other devices also streaming Netflix. That could be why other devices work fine and your hopper doesn’t. You could also manually set up your router to set the hopper MAC ID to the highest priority, but i just turn mine off. Love the router.. hate their implementation of QOS.