H3 & ota channels in guide

jrat69

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Southern Indiana
My new system was installed today the H3 & 2 4K Joey's. The tech hooked the OTA connector back up and did the channel scan, they all showed up, so I thought all was good. Later when I was looking through the guide I realized the OTA channels were not in my channel list on the H3, I looked and they are in the all channel's, I re-added them to the channel list, exited to save, and they still do not show, If I go to the all channels they show, however I can not go to them. They do show on 1 Joey, and work fine. The other Joey acts same as the H3. I powered off everything nothing changes. Why will they show on one, and not the other 2?

You need to check the channels you want to see in the guide. When you have scanned, you will see a box to the left of each channel. You can check individually or there is an option to check all. Once you have done that Save out...

Is the OP possibly talking about the OTA channels not showing in a favorites list? (He notes that he sees them when he goes to "All Channels". I believe there was/is a bug that was keeping OTA channels from appearing in favorites lists, but not sure Dish ever got that one sorted out. I have OTA, but I don't use favorites lists.

Of course, it could also be because you were just installed yesterday...its normal for Hopper installs to take a few days to completely settle in and work normally. The first few days they can do some strange things, functions not work, things not populate, etc.

Is the OP possibly talking about the OTA channels not showing in a favorites list? (He notes that he sees them when he goes to "All Channels". I believe there was/is a bug that was keeping OTA channels from appearing in favorites lists, but not sure Dish ever got that one sorted out. I have OTA, but I don't use favorites lists..

Exactly the problem I have. You can see your OTA channels on "All Channels" or "All Subscribed" but if you make a custom list they don't show up.....

Yep, won't show in Fav's but will in All Sub'd.

I finally gave up on recording OTA channels and removed the adapter. It won't even let me record duplicates now in case the OTA version has audio issues. When I record one version off Sat and one off OTA at the same time, the OTA version will be 0 mins long almost every time and I have to trash it. I am moving on for now and just not using OTA at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWS44
Yep, won't show in Fav's but will in All Sub'd.

I finally gave up on recording OTA channels and removed the adapter. It won't even let me record duplicates now in case the OTA version has audio issue. When I record one version off Sat and one off OTA at the same time, the OTA version will be 0 mins long almost everytime and I have to trash it. I am moving on for now and just not using OTA at all.
Same thing here. OTA is completely hosed. I don't think there is anything right with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWS44
I can watch live and record but oddly the picture and audio are perfect when I watch live but the picture breaks up and the audio stutters when recorded. I hope Dish is working on this.

OTA is completely hosed. I don't think there is anything right with it.
Yep. I don't even bother with it anymore. I would go as far as encouraging anyone who even remotely cares about OTA to NOT upgrade to the Hopper 3 until the issues are resolved. It is pretty clear that OTA wasn't thoroughly tested, or just isn't a priority, or both.

Yep. I don't even bother with it anymore. I would go as far as encouraging anyone who even remotely cares about OTA to NOT upgrade to the Hopper 3 until the issues are resolved. It is pretty clear that OTA wasn't thoroughly tested, or just isn't a priority, or both.

Well said.

I agree.

But, but, but, there are only a couple of us here with more than "minor" issues with the Hopper.

Might have been true with the minority of OTA users, but now mine is hosing sat recordings too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts