H3 System Status Check???

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I added the News Pack to my Flex Pack this evening. Harking to the old 721 days, was trying to run a check switch to force guide data.. When I run a system status check, after internet and hard drive status are OKd, System and Satellite have run more than an hour, progressing no more than 60% checked. Likewise when I try to do an individual sat signal test...never stops testing. Wondering if I have an H3 or something else problem.

I added the News Pack to my Flex Pack this evening. Harking to the old 721 days, was trying to run a check switch to force guide data.. When I run a system status check, after internet and hard drive status are OKd, System and Satellite have run more than an hour, progressing no more than 60% checked. Likewise when I try to do an individual sat signal test...never stops testing. Wondering if I have an H3 or something else problem.
Reboot time.

Why are you running check switch to force a guide update, just turn your H3 off leave your tv on and watch and wait.
You don't even have to turn it off. I have the Flex Pack and no sports package but last year, if there was a football game on that I wanted, I would go online, add the Sports pack, and just for curiosity, I'd open the guide and move to where the channel I was looking for would appear. After a few minutes, it just slides in.... Certainly no reboot needed, no check switch, etc, etc

Do you have PTAT turned on? Were you running the test during PTAT recording hours? I have seen Satellite test and Signal strength tests hang when PTAT is running.

Do you have PTAT turned on? Were you running the test during PTAT recording hours? I have seen Satellite test and Signal strength tests hang when PTAT is running.
It probably was during PTAT. Good catch!

I was watching on my H2 last week and tuner #2 was showing guide update in progress, so evidently the H2 can and does do a guide update whenever it needs to with a free tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)