H3 Upgrade Appointment Set

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Called Dish today just to see where I stood for the upgrade regarding the price, if any. Very nice CSR only took a moment to check my records & said he could do a completely free install Friday afternoon. Although I'm in no particular hurry I went ahead and set it up - how could I not? Install will consist of H3, 2-Joey 2.0's & a new 1002 dish to replace my current 1004. I requested a particular installer (which was granted) & called them locally immediately after hanging up with Dish - they already had the service order & confirmed the equipment list. If the install is this smooth I'll be delighted. Will follow this up post-installation with anything that may prove useful to others on the fence about upgrading.

Installation complete. Tech's appointment time changed a couple of times & I was adequately notified in advance both times. Upon arrival this nice young tech introduced himself & when asked, said he had successfully installed several H3's but he was still unfamiliar with a lot of it's GUI & functions.

When he unloaded the new equipment I noticed that the 1002 dish (to replace my existing 1004) was missing. I questioned him about it and he said he has been mounting the hybrid LNB's on the 1004 with no problems whatsoever. He offered to put up a 02 if I preferred which, I accepted. When I told him that Dish insisted on the 02 change when I ordered and, all the information here confirmed this, he was quite puzzled.

Install was fairly uneventful with only a little hiccup linking up the Joeys & getting the H3 to link up to my WiFi - a hard reboot cured everything.

Only other minor annoyance was the tech didn't know the 40 remotes were compatible and had no idea how to pair them. I assured him they were compatible (I don't think he believed me) and since it was late & I know he was tired we wrapped it up. I later collected my thoughts and paired up all my 40 remotes with the H3 & both Joeys. I might mention the 52 remote is "OK" but I guess I'm stuck in my ways - I prefer more buttons to navigating menus. I also miss the ability to control 2 auxiliary devices with it such as, a BD player and a theater receiver.

As far as my setup goes, I'm up & running, everything is tweaked out as far as possible and only waiting for the On Demand to populate and a few icons to fill in. In a final analysis I think when all said & done, the major bugs are squashed & the GUI is tweaked a bit, this will be a remarkable device indeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)