H363 has arrived.

Same here. It appeared to be updating and I left it unattended. It remains on H362.
Yep, at 4:30AM PT this morning, H3 rebooted on it's own and was downloading software so I turned the TV back off and after it all rebooted, it's still at H362. I'm just curious if it fixed the problem I reported with H362 which with some recordings being 1.5 hours-2.5 hours long is reporting as 700+ Hours when playing back, skip does not work but fast forwarding works fine.

Like I said in the 362 thread, I'm still on 358 and I'm not forcing it. When it updates, it updates. 358 is working fine for me and my H3 is stable. I'm not into rocking the boat...
Well I got tired of waiting to see what's broken in H364. Plus I was curious as to how long I'd have to wait this time.

Everything seems stable . . . except ME!

Why does it say not to "disturb" your machine while it's updating? You could squirt it with a SuperSoaker while still plugged in and it wouldn't be any more disturbed than it already is. Trust me, after 30ish years dealing with this stuff if anything, it's Me! that's disturbed.

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why does it say not to "disturb" your machine while it's updating? You could squirt it with a SuperSoaker while still plugged in and it wouldn't be any more disturbed than it already is. Trust me, after 30ish years dealing with this stuff if anything, it's Me! that's disturbed.
You can't do anything to disturb it while plugged in. It's talking about disturbing by unplugging it or resetting it. If it loses power during the memory program then it will brick the receiver and will need replaced.

Trick Play works well on both of my Hopper 3 receivers with H364 software. Also the response time is now very quick about 1 second. Have not seen any issues with this software. I tested Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube, and trick play on both of my Hopper 3 receivers and everything worked well.
I also tested my Joey 3 with J562 software on recorded content from both Hopper 3 receivers and again everything worked well and response times were about 1 second for trick plays. I also tested Amazon Prime and Netflix on my Joey 3 and again everything worked well.
In fact I have not been able to find any problems with the new software.

If it loses power during the memory program then it will brick the receiver and will need replaced.
I had a 612 that was almost bricked and stuck downloading recovery software. It rebooted over and over and threw the same error message. I let this go on for a day and then (on a lark) flipped the outputs of my separator and voila! It completed download of the recovery software and thereafter the regular software and I was back in business.

Forced update finally worked and got H363 from H362.... This is one change I noticed...

Home(3x) which goes to Diagnostics, then Tools under the Receiver section , then TECHNICIAN SETTINGS then Download ATV Files will show the following instead of allowing to pick the files to download which was still available in H362:

1696689747415.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
. . . I let this go on for a day and then (on a lark) flipped the outputs of my separator and voila! It completed download of the recovery software and thereafter the regular software and I was back in business.

Isn't it just like this stuff?! It'll work, but you have to trick it. I've had to do something like that in the past. I have 7/16 wrenches scattered all over like "Church Keys". They should give you a bag of them with the install.

"It's sad that the only thing I've found guaranteed in life is a 7/16 wrench."

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell