H366 is out

I've noticed that too, at least on my J3.
I'm having MoCA issues at my two Joey 4s. Everything is working good for several hours and then all of a sudden, at both J4s I get the four red MoCA bars. Then at the Joeys I also start getting the black screen issues and when I select the PTAT folder I get a blinking screen. It blinks between the recordings and the upper & lower select menus. A Hopper 3 pull the cord reboot clears up the issues. I'm on H365 and hope H366 fixes these problems.

I have 366, so that's good.
still have a tuner issue, if I watch delayed, then go live, the channel is frozen. if I skip back 10 seconds no issue, the only way to be live is going up one and back, or another way to select the channel.. it is rare, but just had it happen again in multiview

Reactions: charlesrshell
Downloaded H366 last night, still see same problems as previous poster.
Sirius Music and dish CD can NOT fast forward or rewind with message saying "not allowed", even though it has been allowed the last 10 years.

The issue that was new to me with H366 was trying to play a recording of a show from an OTA channel, and the Hopper refused to let me skip forward from the beginning of the recording in any amount. It would always revert to the beginning. Gave up on watching that one. Did not see this behavior on other recordings from satellite channels.

I just checked and found out I have 366, usually don't get updates right away but lately they've been coming in more often and more of the latest update. It took eons before I got 345 but since then it's been updating quite often. I have a H3 and a wireless Joey w/Access Point. I haven't checked the WJ.

I just checked and found out I have 366, usually don't get updates right away but lately they've been coming in more often and more of the latest update. It took eons before I got 345 but since then it's been updating quite often. I have a H3 and a wireless Joey w/Access Point. I haven't checked the WJ.
Yep, just found out I got H366 this morning. It took forever for me to get H365, then H366 got pushed out quickly.

Finally got H366 on it's own without doing a manual forced updated at 4AM Pacific Time on November 12, 2023 on a Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus with P12407 and noticed 4 issues:

1) Live channel watching appears to completely freeze as if someone paused the picture, only way to fix it is to press replay which seems to put it back 1 hour and then hold down back to put it back into live mode. This seems to
be an issue only with the Hopper Plus attached.
2) Transferring from Hopper 3 to External HDD when it transfers with errors as it gave up after 10 seconds of trying to estimate the transfer time after pressing Transfer after selecting the target EHDD. The workaround of playing a video does not work and the only unplugging the EHDD and plugging it back in would fix it, this issue started in H364 but workaround worked a few days later. H365 had problems where the workaround didn't work even after a week which
is probably the same with H366.
3) On both H365 and H366 and possibly earlier - there are some folders automatically created by the show when there are multiple episodes for that title that when you select the folder after selecting Managed recordings, it would think it is 0 recordings so while one can select the EHDD but the transfer button will not be available because it shows 0 recordings. If I first went into the folder and then select Managed Recordings and then selected the individual or all recordings, then it would show the correct amount of recordings and the transfer would work.
4) Download ATV files appears to be broken as I have noticed this with H365 and H366, it was working correctly a week ago on H365. Basically what happens is when I select "Download ATV Files", I get this:
4.1)
1699886384431.png

I select "Begin Download" and then get:
4.2)
1699887458364.png

I press OK and then in 10 seconds, I select "Download ATV Files" and it shows:
4.3)
1699887677286.png

So at this point, the undefined appears to be an error and whether I check "Download ATV files" in 10 seconds or even a minute later, it basically goes back to the 4.1 screen and basically goes through the 4.1-4.3 sequence as it appears the above screen, the download process actually cancelled on it's own. There is no way to successfully download the ATV files as it will just go through the 4.1-4.3 sequence and one can repeat 4.1-4.3 numerous times after reaching 4.3.

Two other issue(s):
1) With the Hopper Plus running P12407 connected to the Hopper 3, when the tv gets turned on either using the power button on the tv, DISH 50.0, 52.0 or 54.0 (hit TV on the side then power) remote or even the Amazon FireTV 4K Stick Remote just to isolate it from a remote issue, it does the HDR turned on and immediately the Live TV channel being shown with sound and video which is within the first 3 seconds on the TV powered on, it freezes and will remain frozen even hours later without turning off the tv unless I hit replay which will put the buffer at 1 hour earlier with video/sound and then hold down the back button which will put it back to current Live TV with video/sound.
2) Ever since H358, when the Hopper 3 only (H358 to H366) or Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus connected (only H365 and H366) - if it decides to do the Acquiring Signal and wait for up to 5 minutes, that will disappear within 2 seconds without the progress meter moving or showing any green into a screen that says "Complete Signal Loss" and will remain there unless I manually hit the up/down channel as soon as it's available. Sometimes it will not show the Acquiring Signal and just show the last channel watched with sound/video immediately.

Finally got H366 on it's own without doing a manual forced updated at 4AM Pacific Time on November 12, 2023 on a Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus with P12407 and noticed 4 issues:

3) On both H365 and H366 and possibly earlier - there are some folders automatically created by the show when there are multiple episodes for that title that when you select the folder after selecting Managed recordings, it would think it is 0 recordings so while one can select the EHDD but the transfer button will not be available because it shows 0 recordings. If I first went into the folder and then select Managed Recordings and then selected the individual or all recordings, then it would show the correct amount of recordings and the transfer would work.

This is probably easier to explain with photos, when I hit the DVR button, let's use "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE" which is something with the problem currently as I saw this with other episode folders as well before, as you can see, it has 32 episodes:
1699989864057.png

If I press Options and then Manage Recordings, notice the box with the number of episodes disappears while the other recordings do not have the problem.

1699990045005.png

So it seems I can move the recording to different folders without issues but just can't select it to transfer because the Hopper 3 is not seeing the # of episodes for that title with multiple episodes as it will show 0 episodes when selected. If I first went into the folder by selecting it so it displays each episode and then select Managed Recordings and then selected the individual or all recordings, then it would show the correct amount of recordings and the transfer would work.