Hack Ad on This web site - WHY?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I just noticed at the top of the FTA page, one of the ads (the ones that come up under our sponsers), was an ad for FTA how to's, the latest BIN files, etc. Kinda defeats the purpose to banning hack talk when there are hack ads? Don't get me wrong, I am anti-hack, but doesnt this encourage people to talk about it?

I logged in as my account (which has staff rights), a guest and my old handle (which is a regular member) and all I see are the sponsers

I have noticed some ads by google down both sides of my page when I don't log in and just have a look at the threads.I don't know how they get there.
By the way iceberg I got a Coolsat 5000 today to replace the Viewsat Platinum and from what I can tell its like nite and day, the true blindscan is something else and I don't know if the rx sesitivity on the viewsat is bad but the Quality when comparing the two the Coolsat shows about 30% better.

Dave

All receivers show slightly different signal quality levels compared with each other, for example the Satworks receivers have very low signal quality levels, but that signal quality is ROCK solid and can be used to point a dish. Where as some of the "flavour of the month" receivers signal quality meters are ALL OVER THE PLACE :) And worse than useless for dish pointing!

Yea I guess there no standard or real fer to db levels but in any case using IA5 some of the channels have alot of pixelation but much improved with he Coolsat,meanwhile i do like the viewsat and I guess for my first receiver it is a pain having to enter the transponders instead of the blindscan that I can't seem to get to work on the viewsat.

Dave

Eastcoast said:
I have noticed some ads by google down both sides of my page when I don't log in and just have a look at the threads.I don't know how they get there.
The google ads are only for guests. It gives you an incentive to register :)

By the way iceberg I got a Coolsat 5000 today to replace the Viewsat Platinum and from what I can tell its like nite and day, the true blindscan is something else and I don't know if the rx sesitivity on the viewsat is bad but the Quality when comparing the two the Coolsat shows about 30% better.

Dave
Congrats on the 5000! If you have any questions, we can help out :)

The blind scan kicks major you know what :D Detail works really good for the weaker signals but normal works fine for most scanning

The meter on the Coolsat is weird...minimum is 63 and max is 82...most solid signals are 72-73

PSB said:
Where as some of the "flavour of the month" receivers signal quality meters are ALL OVER THE PLACE :) And worse than useless for dish pointing!

now now Pete...my Pansat 1500 is all over the place (but I got it figured out now) :)

iafirebuff said:
I just noticed at the top of the FTA page, one of the ads (the ones that come up under our sponsers), was an ad for FTA how to's, the latest BIN files, etc. Kinda defeats the purpose to banning hack talk when there are hack ads? Don't get me wrong, I am anti-hack, but doesnt this encourage people to talk about it?

If it was an Adsense type ad, words not not pictures, next time get the url and pass it along, so that it can be blocked.

They look to be on the Archive server. Click Archive at the bottom of the screen and you should see them.

We don't control the content of the Google Ads, so if you see a hack ad please let me know in a PM and I will inform Google and add them to our blocked ads list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts