Had enough of the ViewTV AT-163

Discussion in 'Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info' started by Mr. Sheep, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Mr. Sheep

Mr. Sheep Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Family

This STB has been the bane of my existence for years and I'm done with it. Before I explain my problem, here's my setup:[​IMG]

The AirTV gets much better performance than the AT-163. For one, most of the channels get anywhere from little bits on the screen, to complete messes on the AT-163. On the AirTV, every single channel I get is completely flawless except for when there's *really* bad weather (I'm talking 35 mph winds; yeah its tuners are that good). I can only assume that the AirTV has top-of-the-line tuners, and that says a lot about the AT-163. From what I've heard, the AT-163 is (supposed to be) a very good STB. I would like to get the AT-163 replaced with something that has tuners comparable to the AirTV's amazing tuners. Can anyone recommend one?

Edit: Picture isn't loading for me, so here's the link: https://imgur.com/9ZyucKs.png

2. . Raine

. Raine SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

Try the AT by itself without the splitter and the AirTv connected and see if the AT performs better. Splitters don't always work that great with OTA.

3. Mr. Sheep

I tried that before. I even replaced the coaxial leading to the AT so I'm positive that this is a tuner problem.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

. Raine likes this.
  4. fayrich

fayrich Old Fart Lifetime Supporter

I've had a Tablo unit for a couple of years now, and it works perfectly. It is connected to a splitter with no ill effects.

5. Mr. Sheep

Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard good things about Tablo, but I need a STB that can go out to HDMI and/or Component for my slingbox.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

6. comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb Dogs have owners, cats have staff Pub Member / Supporter

Does anyone know what the difference(s) between the AT-163 and the AT-263 are?

7. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

rad360, KE4EST, k.r. and 1 other person like this.

Separate names with a comma.

More...