Had to put Dish on Pause

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
3 receivers, HD, dvr, 120+ and multi-sport at half price comes to $97. Didn't restart without a hitch though, the stb farthest from the dish has no signal, has happened before. And it took awhile to get a browser to work for Dish Anwhere, phone support was no help either, she was clueless. She thought I meant Sling, acted if she never heard of On Demand. But Firefox eventually worked with it.

We're back on Dish! Wife starts work next week. Did cut back to the minimum, 120+ with Multi-Sport for football season. Got by with Hulu plus, Netflix, Amazon Prime and OTA, streamed 760gb last month!

Wow, who is your ISP? Seems like they are all adding caps these days, never more than 300 GB or so.

I have a Comcast business account specially for the no-cap. Don't need a business to get it. When I called seeing how much a comparable programming tv package would cost yesterday to compare, I called business but they sent me to residential, told me they have many business customers who have it in their houses to avoid the cap but they aren't allowed to install commercial tv service in a home. And for residential they now have thresholds, price includes up to 300gb with $10 for each 50gb over.

Cox has a 350gb on my plan, and the two higher packages cap at 500gb. That cap is planned to go lower next year according to the csr at cox. We shall wait and see. I never know how much to beleive.

Check to see if there is a no-cap business plan. With Comcast you have to sign an agreement but you get expedited service, and your packets are prioritized in their network over residential data, etc..

Comcast here has a 250gb cap, but when I log into my account it says "Enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended."

I don't know if that is market-wide, or just on my account.

Not to hijack this thread, but these posts show this is why I don't think Dish's Internet TV service will ever work with these caps limits coming down on everyone.
I am at a 500gb cap limit now and already hit 403 as of yesterday, with a Internet TV service I would be over 700-800gb a month, any money saved on Dish's service would be eaten up by paying extra to Comcast for going over.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They are just targeting the cord cutters to excite them back over to traditional tv. Isn't there a bill out right now encouraging cable providers to be able to cap certain businesses to prevent things like cord cutters?

Comcast here has a 250gb cap, but when I log into my account it says "Enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended."

I don't know if that is market-wide, or just on my account.

My account says exactly the same thing....

It is currently suspended, its 300gb and you pay $10 per 50gb over it. And its by location. Comcast is very regional, some may still have the old cap and I know that while I get 18mbps DL, pay for 14 I think, some areas the basic Business speed is only 10mbps. So with Comcast, check your local rules and offerings.

Here is a 2012 article on their tiered plans.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/co...-data-cap-will-create-tiered-plans/2012-05-17

4 people watching HD feeds, that run around 1-2gb or even more an hour EACH, adds up. And the PQ for much of it was comparable to Dish.

I have had dish for 10 years...now I am finally considering switching to direct. would be nice to get the new customer price again. AND the football package. then I could also dump the hughes dishnet and bundle exede with direct.

Sigh. Looks like we are going back on pause, unless we have a Christmas miracle. My wife got a contracting job, it's up Jan 9 with no more jobs she can do so far in sight. I was going back on pause after football but it would have been nice to do it on our terms vs necessity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)