Had to put down beloved cat companion this week.

RIP, Mr. Big. When you get to your next sandbox my Tramp and Foglet will show you all the best places to rule! :)

I'm so sorry you've lost your friend - that leaves such a void. I'll tell Gracie to give a big welcome to Mr. Big.

Sorry to hear friend! I know how you feel. I had to put my doggy down due to cancer. Four years ago. Still don't have the yard marker I wanted to get in her honor. Everytime I start going through the stones to make a choice and uhhh well yeah I am not there yet. To Mr. Big :drunk

Concentrate on the life and the good times. Those are the best memories.

Hell, I’m tearing up just typing that, and my cats are long gone.

Reactions: KE4EST
I can feel for you, I have one who is on her 9th life. It's never easy.

See my avator!! That is my buddy (rocky) sitting on my sholder. I had to put down 2 winters ago. So I know how bad you feel about MR. BIG

Last edited:
His name was "Mr. Big" and he has been my best friend for almost 18 years. My heart is broken. I still have to prepare him for and do the burial. Can't get myself to get started.
Hey friend how ya doing? Hope you are hanging in there!

My gone to soon dog was Sasha. The kids got to name her. Her favorite snack was hot coffee. Yes, for real.

What did Mr. Big enjoy most?

Sorry for the loss of your pet. It can be worse than the loss of people sometimes.
I always tear up reading these posts.
Recently lost my mother and it is hitting me harder than I thought it would. Just glad she did not linger in a hospital of home.
Of course they listed the primary cause of death as Covid. She did not have Covid and even if she did it is not what killed her.
So sick of masks and all the bs that is happening with this virus.

• Sad
Reactions: edisonprime
Hey friend how ya doing? Hope you are hanging in there!

My gone to soon dog was Sasha. The kids got to name her. Her favorite snack was hot coffee. Yes, for real.

What did Mr. Big enjoy most?
His favorite thing was lying next to me in the evenings in my recliner watching tv. Room seems so empty without him now.

Pets are better than people, it's sad when they go. They love you unconditionally, always listen to you. It's never easy to have to let them go. I've done it plenty of times and will do it plenty more. They don't live long enough but you enjoy the time you share with them.

So sorry to hear about Mr Big. My condolences. It broke my heart when I had to put my little girl Sarah down a few years back so I know where you're coming from.

Watching TV. We all have so much in common. Even with our furry friends. Do you have other animals or was Mr. Big "king of the hill"?
We have a little girl cat named Missy. She is a few years younger than "Mister" was. She's been doing a lot of crying around the house looking for him even though we let her see him afterwards. Guess animals miss their companions too when they are gone. Tomorrow will be a week now, and I still find myself glancing in the places around the house where he hung out.

We have a little girl cat named Missy. She is a few years younger than "Mister" was. She's been doing a lot of crying around the house looking for him even though we let her see him afterwards. Guess animals miss their companions too when they are gone. Tomorrow will be a week now, and I still find myself glancing in the places around the house where he hung out.
Would you consider getting her another companion?