Had to sweep off my dish

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
9 1/2 inches of snow overnight here in Lubbock Texas, no satellite service until I swept the snow off the lnb and the dish.
47689381_2177483772271026_4125400303526739968_n.jpg

Yea, the wind will come up out of the southwest and by tomorrow afternoon at the latest it will mostly be gone.

Reactions: charlesrshell
9 1/2 inches of snow overnight here in Lubbock Texas, no satellite service until I swept the snow off the lnb and the dish.

I don't feel sorry for you guys in Texas. Cleaning snow off the dish is just a routine here in Wisconsin. A Super Soaker squirt gun full of warm water usually does the trick.

We actually have next to nothing for snow right now here in southern Wis. while the rest of the country seems to be getting it. You guys can have it for a change:)

I don't feel sorry for you guys in Texas. Cleaning snow off the dish is just a routine here in Wisconsin. A Super Soaker squirt gun full of warm water usually does the trick.

We actually have next to nothing for snow right now here in southern Wis. while the rest of the country seems to be getting it. You guys can have it for a change:)

Hoosier state agrees!

Cottage Grove WI agrees! Hey neighbor!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: JeffN9
Interestingly Dish seems more succeptable to snow and ice on the dish than DirecTV. I had no issues with DirecTV for two years. After Moving to Dish I lost service after the most minor snow or icing. Had to have a Dish heater installed (with no issues since)

Interestingly Dish seems more succeptable to snow and ice on the dish than DirecTV. I had no issues with DirecTV for two years. After Moving to Dish I lost service after the most minor snow or icing. Had to have a Dish heater installed (with no issues since)

If you're on the Dish eastern arc sats in the Pittsburgh, PA area, the dish aiming elevation is significantly higher than the DTV sats elevation, so the snow doesn't slide off as easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)