Half price premiums or did I dream this?

ces1948

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I could have sworn I received an e-mail from Dish the other day offering premium channels like Showtime, HBO etc at half price for six months. Now I can't find the e-mail nor is there any info on the Dish website. Did I just imagine this or did I miss the window for ordering?

Contact DIRT, even if there is no promotion, some do qualify for discounts like that.

I could have sworn I received an e-mail from Dish the other day offering premium channels like Showtime, HBO etc at half price for six months. Now I can't find the e-mail nor is there any info on the Dish website. Did I just imagine this or did I miss the window for ordering?

You may have received an email about Epix at half price for 6 months ($3.50/mo instead of the normal $7/mo). I can tell you, Showtime/Cinemax/Starz/HBO are most definitely NOT available at half price any more. Period, and no...DIRT cannot make that happen either. What may be available, depending on circumstances, is $5 off for 6 months off of HBO/Max/SHO/Starz.

When I went online to cancel the BB@home pack a few days ago, a window popped up offering it for half off for six months.

When I go to my offers in my account, they offer 4 premiums for $45. That is $4 off each premium for a $12 monthly savings.

Recently had HBO for 6 mos. $5 off. Cannot get same promo when it ends on 5/1. Tried calling and chat. Will only go full price $19. Have to think about it. That is a little much in my opinion.

Yeah IMO $19 a month is too much for HBO. I am currently contemplating paying $14 a month for Showtime because they have two series on right now that I like but probably won't.

The premiums are over priced and I will not sub to them at their full prices anymore. The premium movies are the same on all the different channels , so no draw for me. So I have decided to NOT watch anymore series tv on the premiums -till they hit Netflix or other streaming services. The only series left for me is True Blood and once I watch the final season this summer, I'm done with all premium tv. I just hope I can get it for less than full price for about a month and I will watch all of the season on HBO go. Besides there is always 3 day weekend previews that DISH does periodically and I can record a bunch of movies then.

Recently had HBO for 6 mos. $5 off. Cannot get same promo when it ends on 5/1. Tried calling and chat. Will only go full price $19. Have to think about it. That is a little much in my opinion.

Agreed. They are pricing themselves out IMO. Until the masses vote with their wallet, though, nothing will change.

Yeah IMO $19 a month is too much for HBO. I am currently contemplating paying $14 a month for Showtime because they have two series on right now that I like but probably won't.

I saw a Dish ad last night that said they were offering Showtime for $9---I think it said for 6 months, not sure on that.

Ed

Ed I think that's the promo I was looking for, can't seem to find it in writing or online though

I saw a Dish ad last night that said they were offering Showtime for $9---I think it said for 6 months, not sure on that.

Ed

I got Showtime for $9 for 6 months through the online chat. I didn't see it anywhere else either but the chat was quick and easy.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App on my iPad!

I did order Showtime through Dish online chat, $9 for 6 mos. It was very quick, about 15 minutes total, ten minute wait for an agent and 5 min to order.

I've had a 2H/2J system since they were introduced and have the AT250 pkg. I had a $5.00ea discount for 4 prems+BB@H for 6 mos. When it expired I called Dish to see if there were any specials available to me. They gave me HBO+MAX for $20.00 and $5.00 off of SHO, STARZ and BB@H for another 6 months. It never hurts to ask.

How do I get in touch with DIRT?

I see you got Showtime but if you ever need DIRT go to the top of page, left side & click on FORUM. When that page comes up go all the way to the bottom. Any DIRT folks that are currently available are shown in RED. If one is working click on their name and send 'em a personal message. Give them your account # or phone # so they can find your account, MUCH better than calling or even chatting. Yer welcome.:)

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts