Halo on Paramount +

Well, the show was mediocre at best, IMO. I probably won't even bother with S2. There is so much better Sci-Fi out there,
I tend to agree, I only watched it because I had/have no experience with the game. If you notice, what they try to do a lot is to show the battle scenes from a first person perspective. The back of the gun shooting as like in the game.

Other than the one Relic showing up on Madrigal, they could have eliminated that entire storyline as it had little to nothing to do with the main characters.

I wasn’t sure that Episode 9 was the season finale until I looked it up on IMDB. It felt pretty finale-like, but you never know these days.

The way the Halo is portrayed in the series doesn’t jive with how Niven describes Ringworld. So, maybe this just a planet-sized Ring and it’s not encircling a star?

Reactions: TheKrell
The way the Halo is portrayed in the series doesn’t jive with how Niven describes Ringworld. So, maybe this just a planet-sized Ring and it’s not encircling a star?
Interesting, I haven't read any of the books or played the game. If it's a ring that encircles a star, is it supposed to be something like a Dyson Sphere?

If it's a ring that encircles a star, is it supposed to be something like a Dyson Sphere?
Larry Niven's Ringworld was IMHO a master work of science fiction. It was a ring completely surrounding it's host star with a truly jaw-dropping surface area on which to live. It spun to create artificial gravity, and there were high mountains at the edges to keep the atmosphere in. It's only problem: it was gravitationally unstable to purturbations such as that which created the Fist of God mountain.

A Dyson's Sphere, even if spun to create 1G at the equator, would still be in freefall at the poles. A sphere is also unstable under perturbations. But that would hardly matter since you'd die promptly if at the poles and you fell up off the "ground" toward your star. Mercifully, you'd suffocate first before your remains were cremated.

Last edited:
I thought the series lived up to the promise of the first two episodes. It was solid, well-produced, fun ride. With the Madrigal characters and Soren's world, they are obviously setting up for future storylines.

I hear a lot of hardcore Halo fans are still losing their minds over this. Video games generally don't adapt well unless liberties are taken to create a better story that goes beyond its initial pretext for repetitive action set pieces. The Halo TV series created an intriguing world with interesting characters and wrapped them in well-resourced production designs and sfx.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Boy, I had to scroll a l-o-n-g way to resurface the “Halo” thread! The second season is underway. There’s a lot going on, so pay attention.

Another show I wish to watch, I am never going to catch up, just so much content available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts