Hands on with Sling TV

Do you have to be a Dish customer to get SlingTV? I know the Can. ones like CraveTV are tied to a cable sub.

I am going to be working on my OTA setup over the next week or so. Assuming I can get the main networks reliably, then i will seriously consider going this route.

I would like to test it out first, see how it looks on our main tv and of course wonder if those data caps would be reached? I think for some of us older folks lol I am 40, it's something that I think families might look into not just those 18-35

I am going to get it. Since I have an Xbox One I will check out the free month. Hopefully its not just a free month on the One but a free month of the service so I can see what its like on the tablet and other devices. That was one thing that bothered me about the Sling Adapter on my Hopper, the Tablet and Phone feeds had a max bitrate even when I was on my local network. HQ looked good but I felt I could get a better picture if it wasn't capped. Once I get the free trial of SlingTV I will also get a free trial of Hulu Plus and use that solely for a few weeks to see if I am missing anything from not having my current channel lineup and DVR.

I am going to be working on my OTA setup over the next week or so. Assuming I can get the main networks reliably, then i will seriously consider going this route.
OTA up, and mostly successful. Only thing I am missing is Fox. Got two cbs, two abc, nbc, pbs, cw, and mynetwork tv.

Now to chose a DVR (and tweak for fox). I looked at the Tivo and even tried one a few days my last go round with this (antenna didnt work so well then), and I liked it.

However, the channelmaster DVR+ is freshly updated with no monthly fee and upcoming linear net channels for added content. Its tempting.

OTA up, and mostly successful. Only thing I am missing is Fox. Got two cbs, two abc, nbc, pbs, cw, and mynetwork tv.

Now to chose a DVR (and tweak for fox). I looked at the Tivo and even tried one a few days my last go round with this (antenna didnt work so well then), and I liked it.

However, the channelmaster DVR+ is freshly updated with no monthly fee and upcoming linear net channels for added content. Its tempting.
Will you try the Free 1 month of Sling TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)