Happy after install

Dissonance

Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
The tech showed up today to upgrade my receiver from a 510 to a 622 and change my package from AT100 to HD Bronze.

I called Dish last week and eventually got the Loyalty dept and they upgraded me for free to the 622. The tech showed up with a 722. :clap

The tech hooked up the extra dish while I setup the receiver inside. Then he sold me 2 diplexers for $5. The programming is set, TV 1 and 2 are getting the proper signals.

Now I just have to get another wireless router so I can get the broadband hooked up.

WOOT!

The tech showed up today to upgrade my receiver from a 510 to a 622 and change my package from AT100 to HD Bronze.

I called Dish last week and eventually got the Loyalty dept and they upgraded me for free to the 622. The tech showed up with a 722. :clap

The tech hooked up the extra dish while I setup the receiver inside. Then he sold me 2 diplexers for $5. The programming is set, TV 1 and 2 are getting the proper signals.

Now I just have to get another wireless router so I can get the broadband hooked up.

WOOT!

Why another wireless router? Using it as a wireless bridge?

WOOT!
AWESOME Job to that Tech. But here's something even better. Maybe call the office where he works out of and let his superviser know how well he did.:up
It's always nice to hear "your doing a great job":cool:

Why another wireless router? Using it as a wireless bridge?

Exactly. I didn't want to run an ethernet cable to the upstairs. I got a Netgear N router fairly cheap and loaded up the dd-wrt firmware and set it up as a wireless bridge. It works like a charm!

AWESOME Job to that Tech. But here's something even better. Maybe call the office where he works out of and let his superviser know how well he did.:up
It's always nice to hear "your doing a great job":cool:

Good idea. I just might do that. He wasn't happy with the previous tech's wiring work. He didn't fix it (I didn't really expect him to), but he took lots of photos of it.

I didn't feel bad about the diplexors. Everything else was free thanks to the loyalty dept (I was actually ready to drop Dish all together), so $5 was a small price to pay. The tech said he buys them himself and just charges cost. True or not, it wasn't a big deal.

Channels change on their own!

Dish 500 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)