Happy Feet HD-DVD/DVD combo

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
I rented out the Happy Feet HD-DVD/DVD combo DVD that just was released on Tuesday. I went to play it in my XBOX360 HD-DVD drive and it won't recognize the disk. It plays on the DVD side, but when I turn it over the movie won't play in my HD-DVD add on. Anyone have this problem with any other movie?

I have it on the way, but will be playing it in my XA1.

I was over on the AVS forum earlier & saw some posts about problems playing Children of Men and Happy Feet on the Xbox add-on. Suggestions about making sure you're not connected to Xbox Live, and/or unplugging the power cord for a minute seemed to fix any problems. :up

I have it on the way, but will be playing it in my XA1.

I was over on the AVS forum earlier & saw some posts about problems playing Children of Men and Happy Feet on the Xbox add-on. Suggestions about making sure you're not connected to Xbox Live, and/or unplugging the power cord for a minute seemed to fix any problems. :up

Thank You I'll try those ideas and report back.

I also got the this movie from Netflix on Tuesday and my disc plays fine on my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. I haven't bothered trying the regular DVD side yet.

I was having that problem with the departed. It wouldnt play on xbox but it would on my A1. I never did get it to work.

Can't speak on Happy Feet since it hasn't arrived from Netflix yet but the Departed played fine in my Xbox HD DVD drive.

Thanks for the info guys.....I never did try to get the HD DVD to work again because I had to go to work and it was due back at BB that night. But, I did hear that some HD DVD's need to be played when you are disconnected from XBOX Live. I don't know if that was the problem, but I did hear that disconnecting from Live solved the issue that someone had.

Thanks for the info guys.....I never did try to get the HD DVD to work again because I had to go to work and it was due back at BB that night.

Sorry you had problems with it and didn't have time to try it again. Give it another chance when you have the time.

I got my copy from Amazon, and I gotta tell you, Happy Feet is the most amazing picture and sound (TrueHD audio track) I've ever seen & heard on my home theater system. Absolutely jaw dropping clarity. :up :up :up :up :up

Entertaining as all heck, too. I think my feet were tappity-tap-tapping at a few places. :eek:

Happy Feet worked fine in my Xbox 360 attachment. I got it for the kids but I ended up watching it by myself. Comical movie I tell ya....

Sorry you had problems with it and didn't have time to try it again. Give it another chance when you have the time.

I got my copy from Amazon, and I gotta tell you, Happy Feet is the most amazing picture and sound (TrueHD audio track) I've ever seen & heard on my home theater system. Absolutely jaw dropping clarity. :up :up :up :up :up

Entertaining as all heck, too. I think my feet were tappity-tap-tapping at a few places. :eek:

Yes...I'm itching to try it again. I have heard so many great reviews on the picture and sound. I sould have tried turning the 360 off and on again....and I also should have signed off of XBOX live. I'm always running from job to job and had no time to try it again. I'm going to BB to see if they have a copy of it available again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)