Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I wanted to take a moment and wish all of our SatelliteGuys members a very HAPPY and HEALTHY New Year!

With us now getting ready to shut the door on 2014 I can take a look back on 2014 with some satisfaction. Over the past year we have dove into digging for and posting DIRECTV rumors, beating other sites to the punch with the news. And I am proud that all the rumors I posted came 100% true. On the DISH side of things our track record stood there as well and in 2014 I was able to hand select a bunch of our members to help out in testing software for DISH before it was released!

Traffic and Revenue wish were both down for the year... but something happened over the last few weeks and we on our way to a nice recovery!

Looking ahead to 2015, we are going to kick off 2015 with our popular CES coverage! The SatelliteGuys team will be heading to Las Vegas this weekend and our coverage will start on Monday. At this years CES I have lined up a very special interview of a person who I have wanted to interview for years. I am not going to announce who it is yet however just in case the plans fall through.

In 2015 we look forward to continue our partnership with DISH Network and am proud that so many people know when you need help with your DISH service to come to SatelliteGuys FIRST. In the world of DIRECTV hopefully the doors keep opening there as well. I hope by the end of the year we can offer the same quality support with DIRECTV as we do for DISH.

We have also been invited to Las Vegas for DIRECTV's Revolution and Phoenix for DISH Networks Team Summit events in 2015. Depending on finances we might just make the trip to both venues for you!

For me personally the only thing that bugs me ending the year is the FOX News and DISH Network dispute. I don't like it because its causing members to fight and become political. I have tried remaining neutral in the fight as best as I could and about the only thing that upsets me are people coming here saying they are going to sue because they lost the channel, it is my feeling that they have no grounds to stand on considering the contract they signed states programming lineup could change at any time without notice. I understand people are passionate about this channel and like many I would like to see it back as well. I should note I don't like closing threads but I can let the name calling and political talk happen as it is against the rules. (And honestly NO ONE wins in those arguments.) I apologize if a thread you were participating in was closed for this reason.

I would like to thank our staff who has done a lot of picking up the slack for me this year. I have had a bunch of things going on in my personal life this year which had me take some time away from the site. We have the best site anywhere.

And thank you to our Pub Members, because honestly this year without your support we would of had some issues. So thank you for helping us keep the lights on for everyone!

I need to run and get ready for CES now. Its funny for the most part we go there only to cover satellite, and it takes us WEEKS of preparation to get ready for what amounts to 45 minutes of usable footage. As always with our CES coverage it depends on how good the internet is running. If its working good we can post more stuff as quick as we can. With the internet issues aside we do hope you enjoy our CES coverage as much as we enjoy bringing it to you!

From all of us here at SatelliteGuys once again we wish you all the best in 2015!

Happy New Year and my best wishes to everyone on this site and echo Scott;s thoughts above!! :)

Happy New Year!!

Attachments

• 1420051229001.jpg
    1420051229001.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 142
Happy New Year to everybody and special thanks to Scott and the staff for the best site on the internet!

Happy New Year to all of the members on SatelliteGuys!

Still the best site for satellite news. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)