Hard drive on Dish Hopper 1 died, can I buy a Hopper 3, use smart card, and get it to work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hitrichelovek

Original poster
Jan 22, 2021
USA
Hi, I have had a hopper 1 for years, but the hard drive died. I didn't want a technician to come over due to COVID, so I bought a hopper 3 online and am trying to swap them. I get stuck at the "acquiring satellite signals" stage of "test installation." Am I doing something wrong?

Even if I get past this step, will the smart card from my old unit work in the new one?

Hi, I have had a hopper 1 for years, but the hard drive died. I didn't want a technician to come over due to COVID, so I bought a hopper 3 online and am trying to swap them. I get stuck at the "acquiring satellite signals" stage of "test installation." Am I doing something wrong?

Even if I get past this step, will the smart card from my old unit work in the new one?
The Hopper 3 requires a Hybrid LNBF and Hybrid Solo Hub,. Yours may be DPP. and you cannot swap Smart Cards. This isn't 1998. The smart cards are internal and married to the receivers

and you cannot swap Smart Cards. This isn't 1998. The smart cards are internal and married to the receivers
Uh, even in 1998, you could not swap Smart Cards from one receiver to another. (If Dish felt the need to send everyone new upgraded Smart Cards, that was different. Even then, though, those new cards were still married to the specific receiver being upgraded.)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Uh, even in 1998, you could not swap Smart Cards from one receiver to another. (If Dish felt the need to send everyone new upgraded Smart Cards, that was different. Even then, though, those new cards were still married to the specific receiver being upgraded.)
I just meant you can't get to the Smart Cards anymore

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts