hard drive problem in 622 receiver

wildmustang2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
KY
Will the tuners work correctly in a 622 if the hard drive is not functioning? Will the hard drive out of another model receiver work in the 622? If so, which ones?

If hard drive failed, the tuners may or may not work due to the buffer being part of the drive. People have replaced the drive, but they are getting hard to find. Dish will replace the receiver (even if you own) for just shipping charges *$15, last I heard if you have the protection plan. If you lease the receiver and Dish finds out, you will have to pay Dish the full price of the receiver.

What do you mean about a leased receiver and dish finding out? I have an older 510 and was wondering if the hard drive could be transplanted into the 622. If I can find a hard drive out of another receiver, which one could donate the hd for the 622?

No, the 510 disk is an IDE disk and relatively dinky, while the 622 is SATA. I wouldn't cannibalize any receivers to repair your 622 but another VIP DVR.

Garys is cautioning you about repairing leased receivers. Is your 622 leased or owned? This raises a hypothetical question for my 722. I own it, and I replaced the internal fan once because it seized. Will Dish try to charge me for this receiver if, in the future, the disk fails and I ask Dish to replace it?

Last edited:

Noticed something new, sorry if it was already posted.

DISH UNABLE TO ACTIVATE EHD UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)