Hard starting truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
My friend has a 1998 Chevy P/U with a 350. It's very difficult to start after it sits for a few days. If it's driven daily he has no trouble getting it to start. The fuel pump has already been replaced. Any ideas?

If its slow to turn over then its a weak battery, if it turns over easily but doesnt fire right away then it could be a clogged carb or clogged injectors or a leak in a line thats allowing air into the fuel line ad the fuel is receeding back into the tank.

And if power seems fine, might want to check for missing teeth on starter (or bad solenoid) or flywheel. Check all electrical connections.

Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator. Its under the top half of the intake manifold. Its basically leaking fuel causing your engine to "flood". I had this issue on a 96 Tahoe.

Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator. Its under the top half of the intake manifold. Its basically leaking fuel causing your engine to "flood". I had this issue on a 96 Tahoe.

So you are saying if it's allowed to sit a few days, fuel leaks past the regulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)